Need Help! Need Technician to Service Machine in Cincinnati

Thread: Need Technician to Service Machine in Cincinnati

Question Need Technician to Service Machine in Cincinnati

Hello, I am looking for anybody who can service my Avid CNC machine in Cincinnati - paid of course. Please contact me at this thread or at msmearsoll@orange-chair.com.

My machining knowledge is quite limited (which is why I'm looking for help). The general problem I am having is every cut that is being made is 1/16" to 1/18" "inside" of where it should be. So, if I want to cut a 6" x 6" square out I would program it and everything as normal, but I would get about a 5-7/8" x 5-78" square. It is not a programming or software problem (I can run the same exact program on my other CNC and get a perfect result.) It could be a simple fix, I just don't have the time or knowledge to solve it at the moment.

Any ideas or contacts are appreciated. Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Technician to Service Machine in Cincinnati

I am a bit confused as the factory provides excellent support. Heck, they put up with me! They couldn't help you?

Quick question, it's a 1/16th of an inch at 6 inches, does the difference get bigger at 6 feet?

If it doesn't then it's software. If it does, check the tensioner bolt and bracket on the pinion gear for each axis. The threads can get caught in that bracket and freeze the pinion gear in place. This will result in slop or play in the axis.

Take your thumb and you should be able to push the tensioner bolt down and lift the pinion gear off the rack. If you can't then its threads are caught in the bracket.

Another test is engage the motors and then push and pull on the different axis. There should be no play in any of them.

If there is it's probably the tensioner bolt. Either the thread are caught in the bracket or it's not tight enough. Of course over tight causes it to wear out faster.

Part of my checklist for startup is to test that tensioner bolt on ever axis (remember the Y has two of them). It should be on your list as well.

Best of luck.