Need Help! MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects

Thread: MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects

I have just set up and started my new AVID PRO 48x96, set up Mach 4. I did the SCU set up using AVIDs program and installed the AVID version of MACH 4. I have connected to the CNC controller via Mach 4 for enough time to home, set up my part location using the Touch Plate and ran one program that ran 1" above the part for some reason.
    This was the first time I connected. Then the ESS connection was lost again and again. I gave up started the machine up the next day and it connected. Then I homed, started to set the part location with the Touch Plate and the ESS connection was lost again and again. My laptop will not stay connected at all. I have restarted the laptop, power cycled the controller on the cnc and it just wont stay connected. I occasionally get a minute or two of connection then it disconnects. Tried this for a day or two and have contacted AVID for support.
    Can anyone provide any insight? I have attached screenshots with system info and error messages.
    Any help would be great! Thank you

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects-ess-error-1-admin-jpg   MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects-ess-error-2-admin-jpg   MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects-system-info-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects

Hi,
    is Mach4 licensed?. Try the Help/About menu option, that will tell you whether Mach thinks its licensed....not whether you think it is or not.
    A Demo copy of Mach will run about six minutes before it shuts down....until its licensed.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

I wouldn't be using a laptop either. Not saying it won't work.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply. It appears that this the license is good to go. I have tried to connect to the machine every day and it does connect for about a minute or two and then wont reconnect. I will switch to my PC if all else fails but I am a bit confused as to why the connection keep timing out. Is there a way to check the SCU to verify it was set up correctly? I am a bit frustrated because the machine is basically a boat anchor until I can get the connection established.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MACH 4 - AVID PRO CNC ESS connection works then disconnects-mach-4-license-png