Avid Pro CNC 4x2 upgrade to 4x4 or 4x8

Thread: Avid Pro CNC 4x2 upgrade to 4x4 or 4x8

Default Avid Pro CNC 4x2 upgrade to 4x4 or 4x8

Has anyone upgraded their 4x2 to 4x4 and gotten an approximate cost. I imagine the VFD/Spindle/Controls remain the same. I know linear rails, frame work and rack need to be replaced/extended. Wondering if they replace the entire rail and longitudinal rack or they just extend the 80/20 frame ?

Just trying to get a ballpark estimate as I am considering starting with a 4x2 and extending it as I get space. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Avid Pro CNC 4x2 upgrade to 4x4 or 4x8

Quote Originally Posted by edfang View Post
    Has anyone upgraded their 4x2 to 4x4 and gotten an approximate cost. I imagine the VFD/Spindle/Controls remain the same. I know linear rails, frame work and rack need to be replaced/extended. Wondering if they replace the entire rail and longitudinal rack or they just extend the 80/20 frame ?

Just trying to get a ballpark estimate as I am considering starting with a 4x2 and extending it as I get space. Thanks
    Mine was around $3100 with the following caveats:

1. Also Got the leg kit
    2. paid extra for full length "8 foot" rails rather than splicing old with new
    3. Got it summer of 2020, before all this supply chain inflation madness

So YMMV