Need help buying plasma torch for AvidCNC table

Thread: Need help buying plasma torch for AvidCNC table

Default Need help buying plasma torch for AvidCNC table

Hi There!

I have an Avid 5x10 dual Z-axis table (spindle and plasma).

I've got the spindle setup working and am currently building a vacuum table for routing. It won't be long and I will start in on the plasma portion of it.

I purchased the plasma kit from Avid and incorrectly assumed it included the plasma torch (not the whole plasma cutter, but just the long cylindrical torch head - I think Hypertherm calls it a "machine torch").

I have been planning on buying a PrimeWeld Cut60 plasma cutter and thought that the idea was to just connect the Hypertherm machine torch head to the Cut60 cutter.

I've emailed Avid back and forth. I ask about the torch and customer support is trying to sell me the entire Hypertherm plasma cutter (obviously, either I or they are misunderstanding).

The PrimeWeld Cut 60 includes a Euro Central Connection for the torch. What reasonably priced torch could I buy that would work with the Avid plasma torch mount and kit?

I found this on eBay. Is this an option? Is there something better?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22377957314...MAAOSwqQpd6c~l

Thanks!