Gmt 2.2kw

Thread: Gmt 2.2kw

Default Gmt 2.2kw

Lately my VFD GMT 2.2kw spindle has been shutting down. It first started with the motor starting up at a slower rpm and I would adjust the rpm in Mach3. Now The spindle sometimes does not start at all or shuts off during the run. It has seen hobby use for the last 10 yrs
    Running only in 30 min cycles max. 3 to 5 times a week. Some if the error msgs read " pwm bumped to min. Or too slow for pulley using minimum... the only thing I can figure is the spindle is shutting down from excessive heat so thermal protection kicking in?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gmt 2.2kw-20210722_140947-jpg   Gmt 2.2kw-20210722_143949-jpg  

Default Re: Gmt 2.2kw

Heres a video of startup. Notice the low rpm that will not adjust unless u shut it down and raise the rpm before spindle startup.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cherryman View Post
    Heres a video of startup. Notice the low rpm that will not adjust unless u shut it down and raise the rpm before spindle startup.
    No Video But this may not be the spindle, at all but it could be getting tired after 10 years with no maintenance, just doing a startup you would not have a heat problem, you still should check the cooling fan is not blocked up so take the top cover off and clean out the air ways in the spindle body as well, you have had it for a long time and should be done every 6 months

I would suspect the control or VFD Drive have you cleaned out the VFD Dive as well, what is the minimum speed you have been running it, you could cook it over time if you have been running it too slow

Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No Video But this may not be the spindle, at all but it could be getting tired after 10 years with no maintenance, just doing a startup you would not have a heat problem, you still should check the cooling fan is not blocked up so take the top cover off and clean out the air ways in the spindle body as well, you have had it for a long time and should be done every 6 months

I would suspect the control or VFD Drive have you cleaned out the VFD Dive as well, what is the minimum speed you have been running it, you could cook it over time if you have been running it too slow
    12000 - 14000 rpm running starup default is 8900. Fan is clr but tomorrow I plan to take off the top and ck. Sry for the video 25mb file is having trouble uploading. Ill make another one with a smaller file size.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cherryman View Post
    12000 - 14000 rpm running starup default is 8900. Fan is clr but tomorrow I plan to take off the top and ck. Sry for the video 25mb file is having trouble uploading. Ill make another one with a smaller file size.
    Unless you have an electric fan the 8900 RPM would be to low for this spindle 12,000 to 14000 RPM would be the around the normal for a none electric fan spindle like this and even then would depend on what temperature it was running at at these speeds

Mactec54