Need Help! 0-10V Signal Not working w/ HY VFD - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0-10V Signal Not working w/ HY VFD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 0-10V Signal Not working w/ HY VFD

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You have no clue what or how your VFD Drive works
    Noted, thank you. It's odd that it's functioning exactly like I want it to, I guess ignorance is bliss.

PD072 has noting to do with PD005=400 you did a Graph to show us that you could use PD072 to compensate for the low voltage, I guess it did not work out for you or you would be still using it, Pos # 7 says what you hoped would work
    What I described in post #7 did work, I tested and verified - linear regression isn't rocket science. I like to tinker and wanted to see if the PWM would work since I read that many Shapeoko owners over in the Carbide3D forums use the PWM from the Shapeoko controller (7.8kHz 0-5V PWM) with the Huanyang HY model. I learned along the way that the VFD can indeed accept a PWM on the 0-5V input, and that it works best on frequencies above 1kHz. My hope is this post is insightful to someone in the future.

PD005, PD011, PD072, and PD073 can be related. See the attached chart I created to illustrate. For instance, even if PD072 is set greater than PD005, the output frequency is clipped to PD005.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0-10V Signal Not working w/ HY VFD-vfd-output-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wood768dGuy View Post
    What I described in post #7 did work, I tested and verified - linear regression isn't rocket science. I like to tinker and wanted to see if the PWM would work since I read that many Shapeoko owners over in the Carbide3D forums use the PWM from the Shapeoko controller (7.8kHz 0-5V PWM) with the Huanyang HY model. I learned along the way that the VFD can indeed accept a PWM on the 0-5V input, and that it works best on frequencies above 1kHz. My hope is this post is insightful to someone in the future.
    The Shapeoko machines and control is very different than what you have, and yes they are very used to using PWM for there spindle speed control with one problem, all the machines they sell do not use a VFD Drive or a 3 phase AC Spindle motor most are using a Dewalt Router and other brands, which you can control the speed with a PWM signal, they can also change there PWM signal to look like a Analog signal with a low pass filter which some of them have done

It's good to know that this can work but I would not advise users to use this as there are very few VFD Drive that have a PWM speed control option

PD005, PD011, PD072, and PD073 can be related. See the attached chart I created to illustrate. For instance, even if PD072 is set greater than PD005, the output frequency is clipped to PD005.
    Again more misunderstanding of how your VFD Drive works PD005 PD011 these are fixed Parameters and not related in anyway to PD072 and PD073 these 2 and others in the PD070 window are only related to Remote Speed Control and can be any numbers you want to make them within there range, and are normally set for your motor spec's

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

What am I not understanding?

PD005 and PD011 are set to the motor's specification and are limits for the purpose of protecting the spindle motor.

PD072 and PD073 define the input voltage to freq. output curve for remote speed control.

If PD072 and PD073 are set to values, such that the VFD would output a frequency greater than PD005 or less than PD011, the frequency output does not exceed the values of PD005 and PD011, respectively.

What part of this is wrong? I think you're vehemently agreeing with me.

Downloads
    Uploads

He just always has to get the last word in.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

What am I not understanding?

PD005 and PD011 are set to the motor's specification and are limits for the purpose of protecting the spindle motor.

PD072 and PD073 define the input voltage to freq. output curve for remote speed control.

If PD072 and PD073 are set to values, such that the VFD would output a frequency greater than PD005 or less than PD011, the frequency output does not exceed the values of PD005 and PD011, respectively.

No not at all agreeing with what you posted because it is incorrect,

This is what you posted which is incorrect they are not related in anyway

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    He just always has to get the last word in.
    Correct information is better for other's who may come across this post, miss information is of no help to anyone

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

This is what you posted which is incorrect they are not related in anyway
    Which part of the chart is incorrect? You forgot to mention that part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12