Help Automation Technologois nema 23 kl-350-48 power source kl5056e controller

Thread: Help Automation Technologois nema 23 kl-350-48 power source kl5056e controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help Automation Technologois nema 23 kl-350-48 power source kl5056e controller

Hello,
    I have a 5x10 router that has been running Mdrive steppers. They are a neat steeper with the controller built into the motor. My control box only has a power source, break out board, etc. I recently burned the z drive stepper. I had upgraded the spindle and it was simply to heavy for the motor. The old Mdrive has some 250 oz/in holding torque. I replaced it with 570 oz/in stepper from Automation Technologies. Before pulling all the cable through the machine I thought I'd do a test run. The motor is mounted, the rest is sitting on the spoil board. I connected the wiring as per automation technologies website. It looks pretty straight forward. I even tested the motor pairs to make sure the wire color was correct.

The motor holds, but won't turn. You can hear the faintest buzz. Doesn't sound like it tries to move. The sound doesn't change when you try to jog z.

I used pin 6 and 7 with the common in between. I made sure Mach was correct with the pin assignments and the drive was enabled. Holds but won't jog.

I can take the wires from either x or y at the break out board and place them in the 6 and 7 position. Hit up/down and the x or y moves, faster than it should being the steps are set pretty high. So I know the break out board is likely supplying signal and that the step and direction wiring is correct.

I set the controller to 400 pulse/rev, 4.9 peak amps.

If you change the amperage setting you can physically feel the difference in holding torque, unless I'm confused.

My guess is there is no signal out put from the controller getting to the steppers, how do you test for this? I used a VOM between pul- and dir- hit up an down. It shows about 2.5 volts on up and drops to zero on down.

One hint maybe that the drive initially work on down only for a few seconds when first hooked up. Sounded normal, just no up. Then nothing but hold... Any help at all wold be greatly appreciated.

I assume I've screwed up something here.

Thank You,
    Vince

Help Automation Technologois nema 23 kl-350-48 power source  kl5056e controller-zone-jpg

Help Automation Technologois nema 23 kl-350-48 power source  kl5056e controller-zone1-jpg

Help Automation Technologois nema 23 kl-350-48 power source  kl5056e controller-zone2-jpg

Help Automation Technologois nema 23 kl-350-48 power source  kl5056e controller-zone3-jpg