Nema 34/ballscrew

Thread: Nema 34/ballscrew

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Nema 34/ballscrew

I am new on this furum and I need help on this one,
    I have a cnc with rack and pignon and I will like to change for a ballscrew systhem
    Can i use my step motor nema 34, 650 oZ with ballscrew 16 mm with out reducer for X and Y axes?

Thank you in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Nema 34/ballscrew

Yes. It might not work but yes.

Just kidding. You have not provided anywhere near enough information to assess what you are asking. What type of machine? How much weight is it moving? How fast do you want the travels? What are you using the machine for? What size motors? What power supply? 16mm ballscrews, but what pitch?, etc....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Thank you for responding and sorry to be late in following up. I was away.
    My machine is home made mounted with 20mm Hiwin linear guide rail, mounted on T slotted aluminium profile (3030).
    I am planning to put my 2 Nema 34/640oz/4.2amps/1.8deg. with killing driver 5.6amps/50 vdc on each side of the bed and 1 on the gantry,
    1 Nema 23/255oz/2.8amps/1.8deg. for the Z with killing driver 4.2amps/50vdc.
    All this will be mounted directly on 16mm ballscrew (double ballnut) one star 5 turns by inch .2 pitch.
    The power is 2 power supplies, 36vdc/10amps and my step motors are connected in parallel.
    Regarding the moving weight, I have a T slot aluminium bar 3'x6' with a Bush router(planning to have a 2.2kw air cooling router later).
    I am cutting wood, plastic and occasionnaly aluminium. I will need to run the machine around 50 to 200 inch/minute.
    Hope this is be sufficient information. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot to mention the size of the bed will bee 24 x 36 inches and the complete machine around 33 x 46.

Thank you again.