Problem KL-Series Drivers, Leadshine and Similar Import Drive wiring

Thread: KL-Series Drivers, Leadshine and Similar Import Drive wiring

Downloads
    Uploads

Default KL-Series Drivers, Leadshine and Similar Import Drive wiring

What is with all the various wiring diagrams for the KL- Series drives ?

I find some diagrams online showing connecting the pulse source common to the +PUL and +DIR (which makes no sense).

I've found some that show connecting +5 volts to the -PUL and -DIR pins (which also makes no sense).

I have NOT seen any that show connecting the source common to the -PUL and -DIR, which would seem to make the most sense and the way I wired things, sending the +5 from the generator into the +PUL and +DIR.

The Automation Tech drives appear to be similar or copies of Leadshine ? As it looks like portions of the available printed data looks lifted from Leadshine.

BUT, I've been chasing a terrible problem on all 3 axis, 2 of them using the KL-6050, and one using the KL-8060. I get routine clunking noises that sound terrible but do not cause loss of position and occasional stalling. I've reviewed every single thing I can think of that could cause noise introduction and come up short. I've swapped power source without any changes. Checked incoming power, Swapped PC's... ohm'd everything looking for quirks....

My pulse train source is Flashcut, and I have run it with a different PC, even put the signal generator on a completely different machine. There it runs as perfect as always. I could send the Signal Generator to Flashcut for testing and conformation, but before I do that, I am wondering if anyone else has come across similar clunking when they shouldn't have any reason for it and found out that it worked better using one of the rather strange connection versions over what made sense.

We already know that some of the printing, the 0=/1= values do not always make sense, so who knows. I should not be having this much grief because I have retrofitted many machines with nothing near this issue..... and I currently do not feel like pulling drives out of a different machine for testing.

Could it be that the C10 Breakout does something "special" as they always show it in their connection diagrams ? I'm not using any BOB... never had to before with Flashcut, and I have dumped Flashcut into many different drives over the years (they have plenty of timing settings available)

Perhaps I should just buy different brand drives ?