Keling DB25 Breakout Board Problem - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keling DB25 Breakout Board Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile DB25 Board Documentation

I finally found some information on the board in question. It answers the questions about the power supplies and the jumpers, plus the I/O terminals. The translation isn't perfect but at least it makes sense. I compiled the info and made a pdf file out of it for anyone else who has gotten one of these boards and needs to figure out its functions. Thanks to everyone who responded. This forum is a great resource!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keling DB25 Breakout Board Problem-db25-board-docs2-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default BOB Isolation?

tpmx57,
    Thanks for the picture of how you have the board hooked up. Your board is virtually identical to mine. The PDF file I posted after your post that I downloaded from a Chinese site explains how the POWER and GND terminals work. I am attempting to use two separate power supplies to achieve isolation between the computer side and the motor side of the circuit. According to the PDF info, I would need to remove the two jumpers JN1 and JN2 to isolate the computer side terminals from the motor side terminals. Then, I'd power the computer side with 5VDC from a disk drive connector inside the computer, or a USB connector, and use the wall wart for the output side, and to power up the step and direction circuits of my stepper driver boards.

I could be wrong, but the way your board is hooked up, it looks to me like there is no isolation between the motor circuit and the computer port, which would make me nervous in case anything bad should happen. It kind of defeats the purpose of an optoisolated breakout board. I would think it would work fine if nothing goes wrong, like a high voltage short circuit or something, but I wouldn't want to take the chance. That's why I was hesitant to try hooking it up without further info.

I will try hooking it up with isolated supplies and see if it works, and post the result. Thanks again!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring Diagram

Hi Guys,

I purchased a kit from Longsmotors on Ebay and I'm having trouble making sure that I'm wiring things right.(Documentation is really bad) I've learned that the power supply was DOA so I'm trying to test everything else before I send that back. I have the same breakout board and 3) D2HB882MB drivers with 3) 34 Nema motors.

Check out the pic link at the bottom. If you want a higher resolution please send email me.

I would be happy if I could check one stepper driver and motor at a time so I've tried connecting one of each to the breakout board. I am getting a red light with the D2HB882MB stepper driver. I have tried using separate power supplies +5V wall wart and +24V supply with jumpers removed. So far the breakout board turns on a green LED so I think it is fine but the stepper board (has green and red leds) lights up a red LED.

On the Stepper Driver (D2HB882MB) I have connected:
    Puls+ to Breakout P2
    Puls- to 24v supply ground
    Dir+ to Breakout P3
    Dir - to 24V supply ground
    Enable+ to 5V wall wart + terminal
    Enable- to 5V wall wart - terminal

- Should the 5V wall wart and 24v supply have their DC grounds tied together? Can this be done with a jumper?

- Should the Enable+ be +5 or +24?

Any one else bought this kit by any chance? Has is worked?

Thank for any help, I greatly appreciate it.

http://i53.tinypic.com/vz8n52.jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't read through all the posts, but my first board was a DB-25. I had a constant problem of losing steps in one direction. I spent a fair amount of time with Steve Stallings from PMDX on the phone trying to troubleshoot this problem of mine. I got the board from Keling and was not able to get the problem fixed over the phone with them.

I wish I still had the email from Steve, but in summary he mentioned that the board uses optocouplers for the step and direction......which are redundant since the drivers already have them. He suspected that one of the optocouplers was not keeping up with things and that I should try a different style of breakout board that did not use the optocouplers.

I bought a PMDX 122, installed it, and have lost 0 steps since. I really had trouble believing that it was a breakout board problem, but that goes to show how knowledgeable I am about these things........lol.

The PMDX-122 or the C-10 are much less likely to give any trouble once you get them going.

I'm just posting this in case you run across this issue later.......you won't have to beat your head against a wall like I did.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default breakout board nema34 kit

hi please look at this for your longsmotor wiring
    hope this helps
    and if anyone can tell me how to get my motors to run faster
    as i can onley run at 500mm per min in mach 3 before motor start to stall and miss steps
    iam runing a 24volt supply for 3 nema 34 1600oz i think i have read this needs to be boosted?
    to at least 48v to get anymore speed
    if someone has this kit and is running please help
    many thanks
    tony_556

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keling DB25 Breakout Board Problem-breakout-board-manual-pdf   Keling DB25 Breakout Board Problem-nema-34-stepper-motor-driver-power-wiring   Keling DB25 Breakout Board Problem-d2hb882mb-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your available speed will be related to your power supply voltage and your stepper motors inductance.

A simple formula is 32(Square Root Motor Inductance in mH) to determine the maximum power supply voltage.

24V is probably on the cusp of the minimum voltage required to get any real work out of your motors.

If your inductance is 5mH......then your max power supply voltage would be about 72 Volts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This thread is a little out of date, however, I've just received one of the Z220826 SMD boards (un-documented) with a shipment of drives from from China and undergoing the same issues - I've begun with a CAD drawing (dimensions yet to be verified back at the office) to get our hase-work planned and our in-house documentation - I'll happily email the drawing PDF upon request - especially if someone has the definitive connections for the elusive 4 way 5V supply etc. - Ah I just now see the Long-Motors post with their version of a manual - this looks very helpful:-)

Last edited by AlanD; 07-02-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to All.

I just bought this board.
    Information from this theme is very helpful.
    But I have some questions.
    Breakout Board have 12 outputs, but unknown what maximum DC and current of itch.
    It is unknown what devices it is possible to connect to outputs (what DC and current).
    It is possible to connect spindle with Inverter to breakout board and changing frequency?
    Can I connect to outputs direct phase control Relay,Solid State Relay, Solenoid coil etc?
    Inputs and outputs will not be optical isolated if I input only one DC 5V to Breakout Board?

I saw this board that looks very similar

Sorry for my English.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another late posting on these boards.
    I've recently obtained one of these boards and all indications are they are capable of delivering full isolation. At the moment I'm looking at the slew-rate of the EL817 opto-couplers and their possible limitation on clock rate.

What is the combined wisdom of the panel on a sensible clock rate to expect from BoBs of this type?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Robinnn View Post
    Hello to All.

I just bought this board.
    Information from this theme is very helpful.
    But I have some questions.
    Breakout Board have 12 outputs, but unknown what maximum DC and current of itch.
    It is unknown what devices it is possible to connect to outputs (what DC and current).
    It is possible to connect spindle with Inverter to breakout board and changing frequency?
    Can I connect to outputs direct phase control Relay,Solid State Relay, Solenoid coil etc?
    Inputs and outputs will not be optical isolated if I input only one DC 5V to Breakout Board?

I saw this board that looks very similar

Sorry for my English.
    I'm afraid you won't get a lot of current out of this board. All outputs, incoming and outgoing, are derived directly from EL817 optos.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I have this breakout board and have a problem with it, when I try to move an axis of my machine for example in left direction the axis moves ok, but if I try to the right the axis move to te LEFT!! again, all axis have the same problem, only turns in one direction, I tried invert the STEP and DIRECTION PINS but the problem stil here...

My Drivers are AC 110V

I'm thinking in change this Brekout board...

any sugestions??

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keling DB25 Breakout Board Problem-img_4745-jpg   Keling DB25 Breakout Board Problem-img_4644-redimensionado-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gzm.pepe View Post
    Hello, I have this breakout board and have a problem with it, when I try to move an axis of my machine for example in left direction the axis moves ok, but if I try to the right the axis move to te LEFT!! again, all axis have the same problem, only turns in one direction, I tried invert the STEP and DIRECTION PINS but the problem stil here...

My Drivers are AC 110V

I'm thinking in change this Brekout board...

any sugestions??
    This sounds like the DIRECTION signal isn't getting through the BoB. Have you had a meter on the input and output pins in question?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast