Need Help! How to tell F360 where to plunge outside of stock for pocket clearing

Thread: How to tell F360 where to plunge outside of stock for pocket clearing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to tell F360 where to plunge outside of stock for pocket clearing

Hi,

I am trying to do a 2D pocket clearing op. One edge of the pocket is at the stock edge so I want the cutter to start just beyond that. See the bottom edge in the picture.

How to tell F360 where to plunge outside of stock for pocket clearing-x1-jpg
    F360 is insisting on starting the tool at the top edge! If I select the body for the stock profile it still wants to start the tool in the stock above the semi-circular cutout, which will not be cut until the stock is flipped over. Setting an entry point on the bottom edge doesn't help either. Here is the toolpath I'm getting:

How to tell F360 where to plunge outside of stock for pocket clearing-x2-jpg or How to tell F360 where to plunge outside of stock for pocket clearing-x3-jpg

How can I tell F360 to come in from the edge of the stock that forms the narrow part of the pocket?

Regards, David.