AutoCad 2000 Missing .dll file

Thread: AutoCad 2000 Missing .dll file

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AutoCad 2000 Missing .dll file

My AutoCad LT 2000 will not start anymore. The error message says there is a missing .dll file ( AC1ST15.dll). This version of AutoCad was already installed on this computer before I inherited it and the guy before me took all the disks with him when he quit here (about 2 years ago).

I did a search on my hard drive for the the file and there were 3 copies of that file on the drive but evidently AutoCad can't find it. The three files are located at :

C:\PROGRAM FILES
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AUTODESK SHARED
    C:\Mcam8\COMMON\ACADData

Where is AutoCad looking for this file? And can I just copy the .dll to the proper folder or does it have to be "installed"?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

It's a dll which is a dynamic libray link file sooo, I would say that just replacing the file won't do it. The reg is corupted, I bet.

here is that file you can give it a try.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yea, I tried to replace the file and it still won't work. I think an install is the only way to get it back. So I think I'm out of luck for now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DLL resolution

Most likely you will need to install the .dll file from the command prompt. I did a quick search on the net and came up with a set of instructions you can follow to try and register your .dll.

I do not know, recommend or have ever used the program that this instruction page is commenting on, the process will be the same for your .dll by switching the names.

If this does not work - then I suggest visiting a meta search net site and entering "regsrv32 command prompt" in the search box. This will result in 1.2 billion results, hopefully 1 of which will be helpfull.

See if the instructions on this page answer the problem first.

http://www.ipc-software.com/TechSupp...on/Tech_14.htm

One point you should always keep in mind. A good portion of .dll and resource files are common to multiple programs. They are included in each installation to make sure that you have them even though chances are you already do. If you ever see the prompt "the file you are copying is older than the one installed" choose to not install that .dll. You can quite often locate the .dll you need by entering the .dll name in a meta search window and downloading it from someones webpage.

Do not be suprised if you install or uninstall one program and it mucks with another totally unrelated program. Software developers have no way to know what there installs / uninstalls will affect.

Good luck, let me know if this doesn't work - I can look for other resources.

Worry about success, failure takes care of itself.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

LAFF RIOT--

That worked.....kind of. Using the method described I was able to register the .dll file. Then when I started AutoCad there was a message that another .dll file was missing so I registered it. And then another and another for a total of six .dll files. Now when I start AutoCad I get a message telling me that 'a device attached to the system is not functioning'. Maybe my problem is deeper than I thought.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default hmmmmm

Sorry, forgot to tell ya that quite often its more than one .dll missing. Most likely the program was intentionally uninstalled / partially uninstalled or a corrupted upgrade was tried to take out that many .dlls in a row.

Device attached to system - possible causes / thoughts....

First - can you bypass the error, or does it shut down opening sequence. If you can bypass it - look at any peripheral options like scanners in the program that may not be there anymore.

Second - when the ex employee worked there was the system hooked up to a scanner / zip drive / printer / monitor or something else that is no longer there.. Maybe a digitizing tablet? These periperhals are often reffered to as devices, it is possible we can track down the reg lines to delete the references.

Copies of software - from my last experience with this problem (about 5-7 yrs ago) are legal if they are used expressely for the purpose of reinstalling a legal version of that software. I routinely copy all my CD's in case the original gets mucked up. My ad-hoc from the hip legal advice aside if I had unethical thoughts I would probably locate someone with a copy of the software - or a 12 yr old that has Kazzaa to get me one. You can even try the software provider site. They may have updates and upgrades that will patch over your incomplete version restoring it to the fully functioning version you used to have.

BTW - If anyone has basic pc questions / OS / graphic program questions etc - I'm happy to try and help or point you in a direction. I am trying to rack up cosmic credit plans for the flood of questions im going to be asking on some specialized home brew cnc / plotter systems I need to build.

Worry about success, failure takes care of itself.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The error shuts down the opening sequence so I can't bypass it. The only "device" that used to be hooked up was a digitizing tablet, but I unhooked it a couple of years ago and have been using the program without a hitch until late last week. I've not installed any new software for months. Just one day I was working in AutoCad and the next day I couldn't.

On Software copying, my standard method is to copy any new software that I buy and then put the originals away for safe keeping. I use the copy to make the installations, ect. Unfortunatly, no backups were made of the AutoCad disks. We still have the originals of AutoCad12, 13 and 14.

A friend is going to send me a copy of his to 'borrow' so that I can re-install. Hopefully that will take care of the problems. I will check the AutoDesk web site to see if they can offer any help or patches. Thanks for the help.

Have you by any chance installed Norton Antivirus 2003???

If you have, then that's your problem, check autodesk's website, they have an updated dll that fixes the problem.

Fp

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, I had that problem last week after installing Norton

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't installed Norton 2003, but I do get the Live Updates, which may have caused the problem. I installed the updated .dll file from AutoDesk and that led to another problem. And another. And another. Each problem was resolved by searching the Knowledge Base until they recommended an install of ServicePack 2. There was an error that kept the servicepack from installing. At that point the Knowledge Base suggested a complete Uninstall and Reinstall of the program. So I'm back to the begining.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know it is a little late, but if you are still having that problem I think I can help. I had the same problem with my copy of autocad2000. I did a find on my computer to find the first missing dll file and then coped it to my autocad directory. then I was missing another dll. I did another find and found that all the missing dll were in the same folder so I coped the intire contents of that folder and pasted them into my autocad directory and it solved the problem. I hope this helps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I did that too. But then I got more errors and problems. A friend let me borrow his CD so that I could do a clean re-install. All is working good now. Thanks anyway.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm a bit entering this thread , but I know of a similar instance of an oppo who had Auto2002. He had been using Norton Live-update when started to get the same kind of message about a .dll file ; solved by getting a patch to fix it . I'll ask him for the web address .