Fanuc 5t Post Processor System Fusion Help! (Or JavaScript help!?)

Thread: Fanuc 5t Post Processor System Fusion Help! (Or JavaScript help!?)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 5t Post Processor System Fusion Help! (Or JavaScript help!?)

I've posted on a few forums including the Fusion help forum. I am hoping that someone here has an old Fanuc 5t or similar and has a solution for this?

I am facing 2 problems (that I know of) One is the 5t does not recognize decimal points. The other problem is the G Code that is being out put drops any trailing zeros.

I have edited my post processor Script with the following. But is only has the desired effect in part and is a poor and dangerous band aid in my opinion. X is pretty close to what it needs to be unless it ends in zero/s. The other z, etc sometimes get rounded up and also suffer the same problem with zeros being omitted.

var xFormat = createFormat({decimals:0, scale:2000}); // diameter mode
    var yFormat = createFormat({decimals:0, scale:1000});
    var zFormat = createFormat({decimals:0, scale:1000});
    var rFormat = createFormat({decimals:0, scale:1000}); // radius
    var feedFormat = createFormat({decimals:0, scale:1000});

Maybe there's some one here who is good with JavaScript? Or maybe another solution? If we can make it always post digits to the tenth I can manually edit out the decimals if need be. I've lost several days to trying to figure this out... Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 5t Post Processor System Fusion Help! (Or JavaScript help!?)

We'd need to see that createFormat() method, which is what computes the outputs, not the var.
    Also post a few lines example of the current Gcode you are getting and the desired one, just so we understand what you are after.

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe an external app? ... like this :
    [url]https://www.kentechinc.com/kipwarexc.html[/url]

You could output the G code using some generic post ... like Fanuc ... then run the G code file through this to auto-convert the format to the format you need.
    Lots of decimal point conversion options ... see attached.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 5t Post Processor System Fusion Help! (Or JavaScript help!?)-kipwarexc_decimal_conversions-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I posted in a few places looking for help with this to no avail. I am going to try and update those threads for anyone this may help. Hopefully this is correct it seems to work as intended in preliminary tests

Ok so I have finally figured out how to assure that trailing Zeros are not dropped using a trim command, I have also added a forceDecimal command but for some reason it has no effect. I will say that I do not really know JavaScript so if you use the following edits please beware. I will just use the search and replace feature in note pad to delete the decimals. It would be nice if that were a user definable feature and I am sure it could be easily done. But I think I am happy for now. Hopefully this helps someone with a fanuc 5t or like machine.

If anyone has any ideas for upgrades or edits I would be interested to hear.

I have had to ad a space in every line of the code posted here between : ( so it will not display an emoji in this thread posting. These charecters are found between the words Decimal and Unit in the code.

var spatialFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

var xFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false}); // diameter mode

var yFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

var zFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

var rFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

var feedFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

Downloads
    Uploads

I posted in a few places looking for help with this to no avail. I am going to try and update those threads for anyone this may help. Hopefully this is correct it seems to work as intended in preliminary tests

Ok so I have finally figured out how to assure that trailing Zeros are not dropped using a trim command, I have also added a forceDecimal command but for some reason it has no effect. I will say that I do not really know JavaScript so if you use the following edits please beware. I will just use the search and replace feature in note pad to delete the decimals. It would be nice if that were a user definable feature and I am sure it could be easily done. But I think I am happy for now. Hopefully this helps someone with a fanuc 5t or like machine.

If anyone has any ideas for upgrades or edits I would be interested to hear.

Please note I have added a space between the characters : ( found between the words Decimal and Unit, so that they do not post to this thread as an emoji...

var spatialFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

var xFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false}); // diameter mode

var yFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

var zFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

var rFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

var feedFormat = createFormat({decimals: (unit == MM ? 3 : 4), trim:false, forceDecimal:false});

I am sure the post processor could still use refinement. I hadn't seen this (link below) and found it use full. Thanks for the help and ideas!

[url]https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/posts/guides/Post%20Processor%20Training%20Guide.pdf[/url]