Need Help! 2D Adaptive profile radial load?

Thread: 2D Adaptive profile radial load?

Default 2D Adaptive profile radial load?

It has been recommended to use the full length of the tool on a 2D adaptive clearing process.
    What I can't seem to discover is the optimum radial load on the tool. I know it depends on the
    spindle HP, and the stiffness of the machine but what is a good step over depth to start with?

RonL

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2D Adaptive profile radial load?

Difficult to answer with the information provided.

Most important is what material are you cutting? Big difference between Aluminum and 316 stainless steel.

For aluminum I would not go more than 20% stepover width as a starting point.

I recommend that you find an online cut calculator. From there you can plug in the material you are cutting. Then you can try different combinations of depth and width of cut, also RPM and see what is likely to work with the machine you have available.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2D Adaptive profile radial load?

hy rlaury you will have to discover the limits of your machine by yourself

is good to have a bunch of tools and some material, to experiment

is hard to begin with all 3 ( rpm feed doc ) at once, so choose one to start from, being constant, and change the others among the way

for example, let's begin with rpm :
    ... high rpm, near the limit ( but not quite max value ), where is less torque : use ae- and feed+
    ... low rpm, medium/normal range, where is torque : use ae+ and feed -

don't use a toolpath that is variable, so to eliminate issues related to toolpath ( especialy when radius decreased near corners ) : for example chose a longitudianl groove, like a groove 20mm width for a tool dia 8, thus the toolpath will be pretty much repetitive / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...