Facing not symmetrical...

Thread: Facing not symmetrical...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Facing not symmetrical...

I'm trying to face my surface with a new (huge) cutter, and it keeps overshooting my soft limits on the machine. When I select an inch or 2 of Stock Offset it's not symmetrical. Then I noticed that it's never symmetrical! Reducing the size of the design has sort of worked... I would like to understand this behavior in Fusion.

Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Facing not symmetrical...-2022-03-13_17h00_37-jpg   Facing not symmetrical...-2022-03-13_17h06_51-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Facing not symmetrical...

I like to live dangerously...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Facing not symmetrical...-2022-03-13_19h04_13-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Facing not symmetrical...

Not quite sure what you mean. But Fusion will drive the edge of the cutter to the overlap. Sold let's say you have a 3" fly cutter and tell it to cut one inch past the stock. It will drive the cutter on inch past so there will still be 2 inches on the part making the toolpath appear to be non symmetrical even though it is doing what you told it.