Setting up Fusion 360 to run older Matsuura mill with tool changer

Thread: Setting up Fusion 360 to run older Matsuura mill with tool changer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Setting up Fusion 360 to run older Matsuura mill with tool changer

I have a 1981 Matsuura mc500 Mini Master I recently purchased. Still having some issues getting it running due to an error but thats another story. I am currently using Fusion 360 to design in and run my cnc plasma table. The previous owner used an older version of Mastercam to run the mill when he had it. I have never tried using Mastercam before. Can fusion 360 be used to run this old machine and get the tool changer to function as well? This is my first cnc mill and I am trying to figure out what I need to do to get it running. Thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Setting up Fusion 360 to run older Matsuura mill with tool changer

You will need a post processor from Fusion that will work with your machine. You can search their library here
    https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts

I was in the same boat a few months ago and luckily for me Fusion had one in their system as standard for my Acaramatic control.
    You will probably need to fiddle with some settings, but thats a buit further down the road.