One tool for Multiple WCS Offsets

Thread: One tool for Multiple WCS Offsets

Downloads
    Uploads

Default One tool for Multiple WCS Offsets

Is there a way to use one tool for Multiple Work Offsets so I can minimize tool changes? For example, I have a 3 op part, and each operation is in its own fixture/vise and they currently run off subprograms. I was wondering if I could rough Op2 right after Op1, and how can I go about it since op2 is not a duplicate of op1.

Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: One tool for Multiple WCS Offsets

Sounds like a copy and paste job with different work offsets.

Post out individual operations for each tool and different offsets, then combine those operations that use the same tool? Sound like an awful lot of work and risky business to boot! I'll be interested in see what others have to offer on this question.

Downloads
    Uploads

You may want to consider modeling your set-up in cam to recognize each offset, then post sequential operations for each tool. That way all operations are performed with one tool first with subsequent operations to follow each tool change?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, missed the part about subprograms. That's way beyond me!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Antvillareal View Post
    Is there a way to use one tool for Multiple Work Offsets so I can minimize tool changes? For example, I have a 3 op part, and each operation is in its own fixture/vise and they currently run off subprograms. I was wondering if I could rough Op2 right after Op1, and how can I go about it since op2 is not a duplicate of op1.

Thank you.
    Yes, you can do this easily in Fusion, have a look at the images below and download the attached Zip file for the program shown in the images.
    First image is showing 4 vises
    The second image showing where to find and select the NC Program facility
    Third image is of the NC Program showing he tool/operation grouping that can be obtained by selecting the "Minimize Tool Changes" check box, once you open the file open the NC Program and toggle the check box on/off and you will see the tools move to do the same job on all 4 locations, setups are set to 4 different WCS coordinates, G54, G55, G56, G57.

Anyway have a real good play around with the file, it is not a completed project, more of a "work in progress", it was done by a couple of 19 year old young ladies that were doing work experience from a local College, they only had about 3 months part ime on Fusion 360 when they did this
    They are the future !!!!

Hope it is of some help to you
    Regards
    Rob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One tool for Multiple WCS Offsets-create-nc-program-2-jpg   One tool for Multiple WCS Offsets-create-nc-program-jpg   One tool for Multiple WCS Offsets-create-nc-program-1-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files