Need Help! NUBIE needing some help. toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360

Thread: NUBIE needing some help. toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy NUBIE needing some help. toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360

First time I have attempted concave milling cut in fusion 360 on DIY cnc mill using mach 3. So far
    no matter what I try toolpath does not generate to my needs for part. Not even sure if this is 2D or 3D toolpath
    candidate. Have been using fusion 360 for a few months but still learning. Any help greatly appreciated
    for toolpath type and geometry. Attached drawing depicts concave area to be cut. If possible would be great
    to see the toolpath and geometry settings.
    Thanks

NUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-help-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NUBIE needing some help. toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360

There are several ways. If it were my part....

First I would create a sketch defined stock contour which included the non concaved side fillets.
    Then, I would use a 3D adaptive clearing operations all the way to the bottom using the "flat area detection" option.
    Then... I would use 2D contour finishing passes to clean up the cuts driving the dept of the first cut to the flat surface of the feature at the bottom.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kansaswoodrat View Post
    First time I have attempted concave milling cut in fusion 360 on DIY cnc mill using mach 3. So far
    no matter what I try toolpath does not generate to my needs for part. Not even sure if this is 2D or 3D toolpath
    candidate. Have been using fusion 360 for a few months but still learning. Any help greatly appreciated
    for toolpath type and geometry. Attached drawing depicts concave area to be cut. If possible would be great
    to see the toolpath and geometry settings.
    Thanks

NUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-help-jpg
    If you only want to machine down to the shelf level then that is easy enough, do what warrenb suggests and set the botton height to the top surface of the shelf.

If you want to go full depth then the bad news is that it can`t be done, to get the full shape with the sharp corners it would need to be done on a "wire" cutting machine.
    Zip file of Fusion f3d file attached.

NUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-help-v0-jpg
    NUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-help-v0-1-jpg
    NUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-help-v0-2-jpg

Hope that "helps"
    Stay Safe
    Regards
    Rob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-help-v0-jpg   NUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-help-v0-1-jpg   NUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-help-v0-2-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks...here is what i did
    NUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-cam_1-jpgNUBIE needing some help.   toolpath for concave cut in fusion 360-cam_2-jpg