Fusion 360 multple setups

Thread: Fusion 360 multple setups

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fusion 360 multple setups

I camming a two sided part that I made two setups up for, say setup 1 is TOP and setup 2 is BOTTOM.
    What I'm not sure how to do is how to tell the machine, via Fusion 360, to not continue onto BOTTOM until I tell it to so I can flip the part over.
    Any suggestions/tutorials?
    Thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fusion 360 multple setups

As you haven`t said what control or Post Processor you are using or if you are doing the same operation on the second side this is all I have for you for now.

When you come to Post out your G code depending on the PP your are using there is often an "Optional Stop" option that you can toggle on or off, if selected it will output an M1 command which will stop the machine after each operation and will require the "Cycle Start" to be pressed on the machine control to set it going again.

Fusion 360 multple setups-optional-stop-jpg

That is the simplest method, give it a try and see if it is what you need.
    Regards
    Rob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fusion 360 multple setups-optional-stop-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm no F360 pro but I just create two different setups in Manufacture. One for the top and one for the bottom. Then, I create my various tool paths under each setup. I add two "holders" to the model, each with a hole in it and create a separate setup to drill the holes. Once I'm happy with my tool paths, I select the ones for the top, post process to a "top" file, same for bottom and then holes. Run the holder drills first, use pegs to hold the blank in place, then run bottom, flip blank and run top (or top first, then bottom depending on what I'm doing). Since I have to manually intervene to flip, I don't see the need to have everything in one file.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by philba View Post
    I'm no F360 pro but I just create two different setups in Manufacture. One for the top and one for the bottom. Then, I create my various tool paths under each setup. I add two "holders" to the model, each with a hole in it and create a separate setup to drill the holes. Once I'm happy with my tool paths, I select the ones for the top, post process to a "top" file, same for bottom and then holes. Run the holder drills first, use pegs to hold the blank in place, then run bottom, flip blank and run top (or top first, then bottom depending on what I'm doing). Since I have to manually intervene to flip, I don't see the need to have everything in one file.
    This is how I do it, as well. In addition, I often have projects where I zero off the top of the piece for one profile and then off the spoilboard for another, so multiple files are the norm for me.

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    As you haven`t said what control or Post Processor you are using or if you are doing the same operation on the second side this is all I have for you for now.

When you come to Post out your G code depending on the PP your are using there is often an "Optional Stop" option that you can toggle on or off, if selected it will output an M1 command which will stop the machine after each operation and will require the "Cycle Start" to be pressed on the machine control to set it going again.

Fusion 360 multple setups-optional-stop-jpg

That is the simplest method, give it a try and see if it is what you need.
    Regards
    Rob
    FWIW-
    I'd suggest an M0 over an M1 in this case. Since the setup MUST be changed, I'd hard code the temp stop and forgo the possible mess of forgetting that the Opt Stop was off.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by philba View Post
    You are correct do not put both in one file or you will forget at some point and we all know what happens then. Top program and a separate bottom program.