Just In HELP TO LEARN FUSION

Thread: HELP TO LEARN FUSION

Lightbulb HELP TO LEARN FUSION

First I would like to say that these forums are a world of help to the individuals trying to learn new software...I first started with fusion as a hobbyist and
    could not believe my eyes as to how much you could create so quickly, so on with the search,,, I have been watching almost every video I can find on
    youtube with much improvement of the use of fusion, BUT there has been a few issues as to how to get help, and I know that there are millions of videos
    that do an excellent and informative job of explaining the best form of learning, IMO I think being able to talk to someone from Autodesk would be very
    helpful- but it seems that if your not a paying subscriber you can't ask a question- how about asking one of the experts that put out a youtube
    video-- Or how about a team viewer access that you could be compensated for maybe an hour at a time to help with the little things , just somebody to say
    "no not that button use this" Brad Tallis does an excellent video and I have been following his teachings for a quite some time now, but when I put him
    on my left screen and follow on my right screen, the things he clicks on do not respond the same when I click on them, how do you contact him?
    Face book, linkedin, or twitter are a few ways that are more sign into password fill out venues - how about plain old e-mail, were all already using it.
    Still think someone willing to spend a little time team viewing a few minutes here and there would help some of us not as computer savy as the
    younger generation.

Thanks for any help or thoughts
    Bob

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP TO LEARN FUSION

Lars Christensen is the best place to start (and stay, typically).

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner

Thanks David....And yes he is, I have watched many and many of his videos

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in the process of learning F360. It's definitely different from other CAD packages. Also, it's very modal and contextual so you really need to keep an eye on "where you are". However, Autodesk has a lot of quite good tutorials that move fast (which I like, hate the clowns that yack for 5 minutes and show 30 sec of actual stuff). You just have to learn enough to be able to use the correct search terms to find the right video.

The whole "follow the tutorial, get different results" situation was pretty vexing at the start. One annoying bump on this road is that they recently changed the user interface quite a bit, renaming stuff (I spent way too much time looking for the "patch" section) and moving access to big chunks of functionality around. So, some of the older (like >1 year) videos will be confusing until you have the mapping in your head. I suspect that is one of the sources of the tutorial disconnects you are seeing. There is a video somewhere of them talking about the old and new interface which really helps. Combine that with the extreme modality of F360 and it does seem pretty impenetrable at first.

You probably already figured this out but there are multiple ways of doing everything. Like two different "Finish sketch" buttons and something down a right click chain, for example. Not a bad thing but can add to the confusion.

Probably my biggest complaint is when you try to do something and it fails there is often very little diagnostic information to help you figure out why. Especially the operations in solid/modify. I've learned, for example, that you often need the same number of faces or edges for one of those but it's a little unclear at times. I'm sure there's a video somewhere that explains it.

The "team viewer" isn't a bad idea at all but probably isn't economical for Autodesk - I suppose someone could set up a business that connects learners to "experts". Pay via paypal or some such. My wife actually does something similar (She's a CPA) where she remotes into her clients desktops and "drives" their application while explaining what's she, typically some form of Quicken. I get a lot from just watching videos where the "driver" says what he/she is doing and why.

"Probably my biggest complaint is when you try to do something and it fails there is often very little diagnostic information to help you figure out why"

Yes this is the part that I get hung-up on, like the constraints...I can click equal and then other geometry and get nothing,,,,very frustrating , who can you
    contact for help is the big question.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by millman927 View Post
    "Probably my biggest complaint is when you try to do something and it fails there is often very little diagnostic information to help you figure out why"

Yes this is the part that I get hung-up on, like the constraints...I can click equal and then other geometry and get nothing,,,,very frustrating , who can you
    contact for help is the big question.
    I generally just flail around until it starts to make sense. But, there are are several forums you can ask questions on. Figuring out how to clearly pose the question is sometimes the hard part.