Need Help! Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think

Quote Originally Posted by ripperj View Post
    Also check your endmill diameter and make sure you didn’t edit it to be bigger. You can have the name be 1/8” endmill, but edit the diameter to be bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ok Here working on another project trying to learn this stuff. I have defined a 3/8" endmill. I know this size will work as I have seen other CNC guys use 3/8" endmill.
    If I put 1/4" in it will generate the entire toolpath.

If you have a min and see where my error is sure would help me out. Thanks

If you look at the last pic which is the toolpath the cutter is not going into the end of the pocket. Not sure why?

Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar1-jpg
    Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar2-jpg
    Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar3-jpg
    Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar4-jpg
    Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar5-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar1-jpg   Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar2-jpg   Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar3-jpg   Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar4-jpg  

Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar5-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I’m not seeing anything obvious, post a picture of the tool settings from the tool library. It’s the only thing I can think of. I’m pretty good with Fusion, but I taught myself, so there are probably some gaps in my knowledge

Downloads
    Uploads

I’m not seeing anything obvious, post a picture of the tool settings from the tool library. It’s the only thing I can think of. I’m pretty good with Fusion, but I taught myself, so there are probably some gaps in my knowledge

Yea I am trying to teach myself this. I am wanting to do some gunsmithing and I really appreciate the help...

Not that this is a big deal but do you know how to get a standard collet for holder in fusion?

Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar6-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fusion 360 Cam seems to make me use smaller bits then I would think-ar6-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Don’t know dude

I only thing I would try is turning optimum load in passes tab down, try small like .005

I think in the tool library you can click on the holder tab and select different holders

Downloads
    Uploads

so
    Don’t know dude

I only thing I would try is turning optimum load in passes tab down, try small like .005

I think in the tool library you can click on the holder tab and select different holders

So what does optmum load really do?

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure how it works, but it calculates cutter engagement during roughing adaptive tool paths to be most efficient

Downloads
    Uploads

I think im at the limits of my ability to help further

Downloads
    Uploads

truckeic,

I've made the exact same part (as you have shown above) with a 3/8" EM with zero issues.

The only difference I can see is that you have zero lead in/out, and also I selected a predrill/entry point when I did it (I pre-drilled a hole specifically for that purpose).

PM

Downloads
    Uploads

I will try and do a predrill hole. But everything looks correct...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

If you're so inclined, send me your f3d model via PM and I'll take a look at it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by precisionmetal View Post
    If you're so inclined, send me your f3d model via PM and I'll take a look at it.
    How do you want me to send it?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

sent you private msg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast