Fusion 360 question

Thread: Fusion 360 question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fusion 360 question

Does anyone know if Fusion 360 contains an editing program/plotter(?) that allows verifying hand written code? New to CAD/Cam, and I want to purchase F360.
    I would like to be able to run my already hand written programs to check them for accuracy if possible to improve efficiency. Thanks in advance! Joe

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fusion 360 question

No, no way to run a simulation of G code, you can only run a simulation directly from the CAM function in the program. But get Fusion 360 anyway, it's free to hobbyists, students, and startups making < $100K per year.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmither View Post
    Does anyone know if Fusion 360 contains an editing program/plotter(?) that allows verifying hand written code? New to CAD/Cam, and I want to purchase F360.
    I would like to be able to run my already hand written programs to check them for accuracy if possible to improve efficiency. Thanks in advance! Joe
    If you want to check your G codes you can do it here https://ncviewer.com/ for free, just open your code file and run it to see the toolpath, it isn`t a full 3D solids one but it does work well and it`s FREE

Regards
    Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Much appreciate the info fella's. F360 doesn't have the free gizmo's as far as I can tell, but I'll buy it anyhow for my business. I'll check out the NC Viewer also. Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmither View Post
    Much appreciate the info fella's. F360 doesn't have the free gizmo's as far as I can tell, but I'll buy it anyhow for my business. I'll check out the NC Viewer also. Joe
    Joe

FYI, I forgot to tell you that the NC Viewer can be "embedded" into Fusion 360 (Usually is to start with), so your G code can be backplotted within the Fusion work space, once code is produced it can be simply opened or "dragged and dropped" into the NC Viewer.
    Here is a link to the Fusion Tutorial that covers this Help
    Oh, and yes, there are lots of "Free Gizmos" like Helical Gear Generator, they are all in the "Fusion 360 App Store" here https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Home/Index

Regards
    Rob

Last edited by The Engine Guy; 04-26-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again Rob, you are most helpful! All the best to you sir. Joe