Gcode with 2 fixtures with pause in between fixture setup

Thread: Gcode with 2 fixtures with pause in between fixture setup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gcode with 2 fixtures with pause in between fixture setup

Hello all. I have a piece that I want to machine. The process takes two fixture setups with the same part. In other words I machine one plane then when that process is done I need to move the table to a location such as a G53 G00 G90 Z-.5 and then G53 G00 G90 x1 Y1. This would move the table to the location to allow me to unclamp the part from the vise. After the first part G55 of the Gcode is done, take part out, flip it, put part back in vise, hit cycle start and my plan is for it to goto G56 which is the 2nd fixture. My vise has a vise stop and I already have fixture G55 and G56 programed in Mach3.

So machine first plane in G55 STOP mill, move table to front of doors to take part out of vise, flip the part in the vise, clamp it down, hit cycle START, table moves to G56 location and Resumes the rest of the Gcode for the part in G56. I think my current Gcode if flawed between the end of the G55 to G56. Something does not seem right, should be an M1 somewhere with code G53 to allow me to change the part and then goto G56 location to machine the part again.

Attached is the Gcode if anyone can help. Oh and yes I do have an ATC

Thanks,
    Jeff

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ger21; 04-23-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gcode with 2 fixtures with pause in between fixture setup

I totally stopped even looking at anything once I saw that you pasted the entire g-code into the body of the post. Use an attachment rather than putting the whole thing in the post.

Downloads
    Uploads

I fixed it.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I fixed it.
    Ger21, Thanks for looking at it! I will affix the code as an attachment so easier to look at. I did not realize that it was not an attachment. I will attach later tonight as my phone can’t attach the file. I will have to take a look at how you made the changes to make this work. I could of run some code but nervous as I do not want to crash the machine.

Thanks for the help!!

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

I see an M1 command at line 97.

M1 is an optional stop that means you have to set the controller so that it mill stop on an M1.

Typically on an M0 or M1 the machine will stop but you won't be able to move it via MDI unless you cancel the program at the M1, and then do a "Start from line" type program start. You have to be careful with this though because modal values are generally reset to default when you cancel a program so any modal values changed previously in the program will be lost.

I would recommend edting your code to include the G53 commands you want before the M1. If this requires re-fixturing then an M0 would be more appropriate IMO because the M0 will trigger every time whereas an M1 without setting the controller will blow right past without stopping and could result in a crash.