Fusion 360 opinions - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fusion 360 opinions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fusion 360 opinions

Quote Originally Posted by rx8pilot View Post
    Inventor/HSM is my backup plan if Fusion goes off the rails. Still lower cost than Solidworks and Mastercam that I have used for 20+ years.

I doubt Autodesk will be dumb enough to kill off Inventor. F360 feels like a business experiment that may or may not stand the test of time. In the meantime, I like the low price.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I'm actually using Inventor HSM (which I really, really like), but like Fusion 360 - I think the bang for the buck is huge. At the time I looked at it, Fusion didn't do a really tight job with sheet metal or weldments, but that may have changed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have zero hesitation recommending Fusion. There is only one version now. I think it is $500 a year. But that is a bargain considering SW charger $1500 a year WITHOUT CAM. I'm not at all worried about them going away. Autodesk is the biggest company out there for CAD.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's not the disappearance of Autodesk that concerns people, warrenb. It's the implications if they decide that their development has reached "pro" levels and it's time yank the hobby/startup licence or crank up the subscription fee to $2000 a year. If it wasn't a subscription/cloud based product, you could just stop updating at the last version. But because of the cloud based nature you don't get any options apart from cough up the cash or frantically try and convert your libraries and skills to another product. The paranoia stems from seeing this actual ploy happen multiple times before with other CAD/CAM systems over the years. The surprise will be if it doesn't happen.

Pugsly - sheet metal and weldments are still pretty basic. Good enough to fold up a box maybe, but there are still many points where you try and do something "obvious" and it just doesn't work. They'll get there eventually but I'm guessing dev resources are being focussed on the stuff everyone uses rather than the outliers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12