Need Help! please help with tool path creating im still learning

Thread: please help with tool path creating im still learning

Downloads
    Uploads

Default please help with tool path creating im still learning

I am new to fusion 360 and trying to learn the CAM feature and need a little help. Can someone help me toolpath a turkey box call body that I have designed in F360? I have a basic 3 axis cnc machine and just recently added a 4th axis indexer that i built. here is what I would like someone to help me with.

1. add proper tabs on each end that i assume are required for 4th axis indexing.
    2. create a roughing toolpath with a 1/4 end mill
    3. create a finishing toolpath with a 1/4 ball nose bit.

I already have the setup done and stock created in CAM but thats it. I have attached the file in a RAR archive it wouldn't let me attach the fusion exported file

Thanks for any help

Ronnie
    Mississippi

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: please help with tool path creating im still learning

First question: do you have Fusion 360 Ultimate? I assume you must since the standard version does not do 4 or 5 axis CAM.

Second question: can you increase the two corner radii that are .100"R to something just a touch over .125"R so you can get fully into the corner with your 1/4" end mill?

thx

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by precisionmetal View Post
    First question: do you have Fusion 360 Ultimate? I assume you must since the standard version does not do 4 or 5 axis CAM.

Second question: can you increase the two corner radii that are .100"R to something just a touch over .125"R so you can get fully into the corner with your 1/4" end mill?

Yes, that would be fine

thx
    Yes. I have ultimate. I have attached what i have come up with thus far. please feel free to post your file because i would love to see other toolpathing strategies

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

I would probably take an approach something like this:

- add "width" to your blank, then pick it up like in my example and face/profile in that direction

- flip the part 180° and pick up in contoured/soft jaws with the shape required, and face the remaining material off the other "side"

- grab part "upright" in stepped jaws (now finished completely on the outside), and machine the pocket

I have not addressed your full corner rounding you show in your model, but don't know what you have for tools.

Link to file --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc6lw2m9mf...20PM1.f3d?dl=0

PM

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I am about to check it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionmetal View Post
    I would probably take an approach something like this:

- add "width" to your blank, then pick it up like in my example and face/profile in that direction

- flip the part 180� and pick up in contoured/soft jaws with the shape required, and face the remaining material off the other "side"

- grab part "upright" in stepped jaws (now finished completely on the outside), and machine the pocket

I have not addressed your full corner rounding you show in your model, but don't know what you have for tools.

Link to file --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc6lw2m9mf...20PM1.f3d?dl=0

PM