ATC dropping tools

Thread: ATC dropping tools

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ATC dropping tools

I have a Hyundai Wia F500VM, unsure of its year. I work in a shop that is entirely clueless of their cnc dept. An ok Vietnamese guy is their #1 but he's self taught and has horrible English. Just to give yous an idea of what I'm dealing with. I have no one else to turn to. My mill is dropping tools from the pot side during ATC cycle. Regardless of tool size shape or weight, they're falling. My company has had a service company out several times regarding this mill, and have replaced plenty of parts, repositioned, changes references and orientations, and they still fall. Any advice, troubleshooting, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ATC dropping tools

At what stage is the dropping occurring?
    From pot.... check retaining mechanism
    When taken from pot (in swing arm )... check arm if cracked, check spring loaded pin & opposite side that grips the tool in the vee.

Problem may be spring (or pin) is worn/broken, maybe jammed open & not applying enough pressure.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ATC dropping tools

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MrRunCNC View Post
    I have a Hyundai Wia F500VM, unsure of its year. I work in a shop that is entirely clueless of their cnc dept. An ok Vietnamese guy is their #1 but he's self taught and has horrible English. Just to give yous an idea of what I'm dealing with. I have no one else to turn to. My mill is dropping tools from the pot side during ATC cycle. Regardless of tool size shape or weight, they're falling. My company has had a service company out several times regarding this mill, and have replaced plenty of parts, repositioned, changes references and orientations, and they still fall. Any advice, troubleshooting, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    When you say the pot side, you mean magazine pot after tool arm retracts ?

Check took arm up position is engaging tool in the pot (ball and spring?)
    Check all tools have the same "correct" pull stud and tools are within the weight tolerance.
    Check pot balls and springs and possibly the pot tool release cylinder function if it has one.