Fedex, expensive but fast.

Thread: Fedex, expensive but fast.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fedex, expensive but fast.

Hi,
    I just bought a new Delta 750W B2 series servo from my preferred supplier in Hong Kong. They charged me $150USD for Fedex delivery, which for a $438USD item
    is getting up in there in terms of price.

The box (6.35kg) was picked up by Fedex in HongKong at 5:00pm Tuesday (NZ corrected time) at was just delivered to me at 1:00pm Friday, so 2 days and 20hours,
    and that is 9430km to me in Christchurch New Zealand. Fedex may be expensive but it sure is fast, I'm happy with the value.

Craig

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fedex, expensive but fast.

FedEx will sell you "insurance", but if they damage your item, they'll blame it on your poor packing job and refuse to pay out. Their philosophy on this boils down to "if we can break it, then it was your fault". Since they're the sole judge of these matters and there's no appeal process, I guess it works for them.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    over the years I have used both Fedex and DHL 'three day international' services,maybe eight times out of Korea, six times out of China, twice out of the US and once out of
    Germany. I've never had an issue with either carrier. On a couple of occasions the local (NZ) customs has slowed proceedings but other wise the 'three day' claim is pretty damn
    good.

I've never had any damage....but then again it is pretty hard to damage a servo, or a 20kg parcel of 32mm ballscrews, or linear rails etc.

It seems to me you get what you pay for, and in the case of Fedex its not cheap but I am happy that I got the service I did.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

ups and fedex are both pretty good , expensive but reliable . I've been shipping with ups for a while now and haven't had a single problem , and receiving packages is the same . Dhl is ok but I won't set my watch to their schedules .
    Postal system on the other hand have handed empty boxes with the sides blown out to customers . I had one that was lost for a couple weeks(one of many) . When the customer finally got it he send a pic of the box , it looked like it was jammed in the conveyor for those weeks . Fortunately the product was still good . Murphy's law states if it's expensive then thats the one they'll screw up .
    In regards to insurance , good luck collecting from any of them