Flexicam router controller retrofit - seeking advice

Thread: Flexicam router controller retrofit - seeking advice

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Flexicam router controller retrofit - seeking advice

Hi all

A friend of mine is looking to buy a CNC router and he has come across a large Flexicam machine.

Machine size is about 5m x 2.5m, weighs 4000kg.
    4m x 2m Vacuum grid bed with 2 x 10kW vacuum pumps
    HSD ATC 8 KW spindle with Hyundai inverter
    Rack type 12 tool Linear Toolchanger with fixed tool length sensor
    Multi-Boringblock mounted beside the spindle with 9 x pneumatic vertical drills
    Pneumatic pressure Foot
    Automatic Material Unloading Scraper

The machine isn't working as the computer is missing. It was an old Win 98 PC with 2 x Precision MicroDynamics ISA cards wired to 2 Flexicam I/O boards. Each board had 24 I/O in total, however not sure how many of each. The machine used a pendant to control it.

AFAIK, the Panasonic servo motors/amplifiers/spindle/inverter etc are working and there is no reason to replace them. All it needs is a new controller. He doesn't want the cheapest option but doesn't need the best available either - just something reliable that can operate all the existing machine functions. He doesn't need the pendant and would prefer a mouse/keyboard/screen solution or touchscreen instead.

I'll likely get the job of getting it up and running so it would be good to hear from anyone who has done this type of retrofit and can offer some advice.

Also, if there is anyone who would be interested in doing the job and can give me an estimate, please get in touch. The machine is located in Melbourne.

Eug

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Flexicam router controller retrofit - seeking advice

Not sure why the double post, can the mods delete this thread please?