Australia I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.

Thread: I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.

Default I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.

Hey G'day folks,

I bought 5 x DM556T Digital Stepper Drivers to replace my tb 6600.

My cnc was working with the tb 6600. I have an axbb-e and use uccnc.

Replaced the tb6600 with the 556s I get motor lock but no motion, uccnc behaves as if it were in demo mode but its not in demo mode. Checked license and my name is there. The numbers move up and down but stepper motors are silent not budging.

So what I've done so far.

1. I've unplugged the 556t's and put back 2 x tb6600's on x and z, nothing happening. Same deal numbers are working stepper motors lock but no motion. (which in itself is annoying as it was working with the tb6600's before the transplant)
    2. Check and rechecked the wiring many times.
    3. uninstalled and reinstalled uccnc.
    4. reset axbb-e to factory defaults. The two green led's and blue in the middle both working.
    5. checked power supplies both working.
    6, power must be reaching stepper motors as they lock and cant move x or z manually.
    7. got to a point where I was just staring blankly at the box scratching my head.

If anyone has any ideas or hail mary's I'd appreciate any advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

I'm posting some pics maybe someone might spot something obvious or had a similar experience.

I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-pic-01-jpg
    I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-pic-02-jpg
    I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-pic-03-jpg
    I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-pic-04-jpg
    I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-pic-05-jpg
    I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-pic-06-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.

Just a thought have you got 5Volts on the enable pin of the steeper driver. I note you do not have driver enable pins selected in your setup on the axis page. When you jog are you getting the leds lighting up in the diagnostics window?

Default Re: I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Formantjim View Post
    Just a thought have you got 5Volts on the enable pin of the steeper driver. I note you do not have driver enable pins selected in your setup on the axis page. When you jog are you getting the leds lighting up in the diagnostics window?
    Hey G'day,

Formantjim ty for your taking the time to reply. I will check that shortly. If I might ask a favour? If you are able can you take a screen shot of how one of your axis pages so I can see a typical setup.

Cheers,
    Steve

Ok,

I have a UCSB board on port 3 of my axbb-e which was running my B slave. Thought I would hook up x and z to that, I get motion..

So all I can conclude so far is that somehow my axbb-e is faulty?!?!?!

Have tested all my steppers they all work tested 1 x 1 through the UCSB.

Does anyone know if there is a diagnostics of any sort that can determine the status of the axbb-e?

Lights are working nothing seems to be out of the ordinary on the axbb-e, I would have imagined if the axbb-e was faulty the ucsb on port 3 wouldn't work either so I didnt test it earlier.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi curiosity22 please see attached settings and diagnostic settings of my CNC that I use with UCCNC ETH 300.I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-uccnc-setup-axis-jpgI need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-uccnc-diagnostics-jpg

Hope you find these useful for your trouble shooting.

JIM

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-uccnc-setup-axis-jpg   I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-uccnc-diagnostics-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi curiosity22 please see attached settings and diagnostic settings of my CNC that I use with UCCNC ETH 300.I need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-uccnc-setup-axis-jpgI need some troubleshooting help, don't know what I may have missed.-uccnc-diagnostics-jpg
    JIM

UC300ETH install plugin will assign the ports/pins differently to the AXBB-E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity22 View Post
    Hey G'day folks,
    Replaced the tb6600 with the 556s I get motor lock but no motion, uccnc behaves as if it were in demo mode but its not in demo mode. Checked license and my name is there. The numbers move up and down but stepper motors are silent not budging.
    1. I've unplugged the 556t's and put back 2 x tb6600's on x and z, nothing happening. Same deal numbers are working stepper motors lock but no motion. (which in itself is annoying as it was working with the tb6600's before the transplant)
    4. reset axbb-e to factory defaults. The two green led's and blue in the middle both working.
    6, power must be reaching stepper motors as they lock and cant move x or z manually.
    7. got to a point where I was just staring blankly at the box scratching my head.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Steve
    I'm posting some pics maybe someone might spot something obvious or had a similar experience.
    Delete this one, it double posted,.

Last edited by dazp1976; 02-13-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity22 View Post
    Hey G'day folks,
    Many thanks in advance.
    Steve

In your images it shows O10 port 1 red, this to me suggests e-stop pin (like a standard bob is set for) so.....

Just a thought.
    Are you using the correct plugin?.
    If not, normally breakout boards see pins 10 and 13 of port 1 as inputs.
    This could be what it's doing.

On my 300, port 1 is input 2to13,15. Out is 1,14,16,17
    Port 2 is output 1to9,14,16,17. In 10,11,12,13,15
    The AXBB-E is based on the same board, however, I don't know how the plugin assigns it's I/O.

Last edited by dazp1976; 02-13-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

JIM

I went with uc300eth too, and then the ucbb. I prefer separate controller and bobs. Initial outlay slightly more but if one gets broken it's less cost to replace each component.
    Not a fan of all-in-one.

Hey Daz G'day,

TY for your posts its much appreciated.

I went and saw Peter at Homann yesterday and picked up some new units. Thankfully he allowed me to pick up on a Sunday. Both my units were fried so not much option left to me.

Cheers,
    Steve

Lets see if I can get it right this time round, expensive mistake.

Hey G'day,

The enable pin, would someone care to explain what its purpose is. Daz has enable on his pics there. I don't, everything seems to be functioning now as its supposed too.

If someone could be good enough to explain if it is a requirement or leave well enough alone.

Cheers,
    Steve