Australia Multicam (AUSTRALIA) Series IIs router - Error code 823

Thread: Multicam (AUSTRALIA) Series IIs router - Error code 823

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multicam (AUSTRALIA) Series IIs router - Error code 823

Hi guys
    I have just had an error code # 823 appear during the automatic tool change procedure and cannot find a code listing to help trouble shoot. Can any one help?

The code appears after the pendant prompts the user to 'manual release tool' when starting a job, completing a Function 4, Function 33 etc. Normally after selecting 'yes' to this prompt the ATC carriage would index to the right tool if it was not already in position, the tool door would slide open and the ram would lift the cup. The carriage will still index if needed, but unfortunately I get Error 823 instead of the door sliding open.

I have only found this online which shows various AXYZ errors relating to ATC (errors 703, 709 - 711) https://www.axyz.com/us/fault-recovery-en/

I have checked air pressure and that the ram will still operate manually if I follow the Linear ATC setup procedure on Page 170 in the manual: https://multicam.com.au/images/PDF/Toolpath_Manual.pdf, but don't know where to go from here.

Thanks in advance.

Ross

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multicam (AUSTRALIA) Series IIs router - Error code 823

I've since found the error definition but that hasn't helped solve my issue:

Error 823
    The head is not at the X, Y tool change position.
    Cause/Remedy;
    Machine has lost origin. Abort job (Function 9), Home Machine (Function 12), Seek Job Origin
    (Function 13). Re-start job at selected shape.

I have reset home, re run the ATC setup, rebooted but still I get Error 823 after I accept the Manual Release tool prompt.

I'll even take an educated guess at this stage!

My only next idea is to delete the operating system from the router controller and let ToolPath reinstall the OS, but this seems drastic and is a total punt.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok.... I'll take a guess.

Is the tool in the tool library ?
    Or
    Has the tool been assigned a position on the carousel ?

Our router spits the dummy when someone adds a new tool to the ATC when it is actually already at max.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Superman. Tool is in the library and all tools are in the cups/positions corresponding to their assigned positions in ToolPath.

Interestingly though, my ATC has 6 physical positions for 6 tools but the controller on the machine has up until recently only allowed me to set 8 tools and not 6 when doing a function 350. Yet a function 352 would record tool tips heights for the 6 tool and not try for the non existent 7th and 8th tools. Going through troubleshooting I found I could now set 6 tools during a function 350. Seems a logical step to try to set it back to 8 and perhaps reconfigure the tool library in ToolPath.

Thanks for the suggestion.

In the mean time I can still use the machine by deselecting the 'Multiple Tools' option in 'Configure Tools' in ToolPath. This just runs the machine as if it does not have an ATC so all is not lost.

Downloads
    Uploads

Our Multicam, we have only 5 holders. I have set the default tool as T0, so it always assumes an empty spindle on startup.

I have given the holder names as Tool 1, Tool 2, etc. in the machine apps.
    Which you manage by loading tools from the library.
    We use Enroute which will then use the library tools, if you don't select a tool that is loaded into one of the 5 holders, then, that will create an error situation.

It does sound like your machine is a little different to ours. So my method may not be your solution.

TP ... we had that before Enroute

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again Superman
    I didn't get a chance try changes to the tool configs today, but I should get a chance tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads

For what it's worth guys I tracked down the cause. It was the Y position sensor. One of the wires had fatigued and was broken. Case closed!