Hi, I'm new to the forum and hoping I have the correct forum.
We have just acquired a refurbished Multicam Series IIS CNC Router, or first CNC machine.
It is also our first computerised machine.
The CNC, dust collection, vacuum pump and air compressor have all been set up and installed by Multicam.
The training provided has been basic and rudimentary which is where I believe our issues are.
The software includes:
- ToolPath by AXYZ Automation Inc, Version 2.9.03, Released June 26, 2006
- DesignCAD 3D MAX 2019, Version 28.0, Released 5/11/2019
- Operating System - Windows 10 Home, 64-bit with x64-based processor, 8Gb RAM
The CNC Router includes two spindles, 8mm and 5mm which are installed manually (no concern with this)
The purpose of the CNC Router is to cut out 6mm aluminium shapes maximising material use.
One young bloke came in for a day and setup the template and has since returned home to Europe (see attached).

The Problem - Using his template results in pieces flying off as whilst a 'tab' is left on one shape, when the router cuts the adjacent shape, it cuts through the 'tab' flicking the loose piece into the air.

It would appear when the router is traveling in a clockwise direction, the spindle is in reverse and the edge of the shape is a clean cut. The opposite edge is very rough.

Thus the shapes are located 8.2mm apart allowing the router to cut the adjacent shape providing a clean edge.

It appears we can set multiple 'tabs' with the spindle in forward mode, however, we are limited to one tab when the spindle is in reverse.

We seem to need to run in Reverse to obtain a clean edge. Unable to resolve adjacent shape cutting through tabs.

I appreciate this is a knowledge issue and look forward to any assistance to enable us to progress and get our CNC Router into production.

Thanking you in anticipation of your support.

Regards Peter