Australia Is that a ripped off? Need help! ;(

Thread: Is that a ripped off? Need help! ;(

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Is that a ripped off? Need help! ;(

Hi, everyone,

I recently bought a CNC (Multicam SR3618v) from Multicam System Melbourne, the sales rep told me the machine is 2011 model and it is shipping to Melbourne from other state.

When I got the machine, I found the software come with is Toolpath 2006 Version and it is pretty had to use. The technician from Multicam told me that the machine is too old to install any newer version software, if I want to upgrade the system, I have to spend another $12000 to $18000.

After the installation, I started suspecting that the machine may actually be a early 2000 model, it may not be what I paid for, here are some of the reasons:

1.I have been working with 2008 Biesse Rover C9 for many years, the software - Biesse Works 2008 looks 10 years more advance than Toolpath.

2. I google the CPU chipset in the machine, it is XR82C684 which was released in 1999, the motherboard behind looks old too, I will attach the photo.

3. I can't find any compliance plate on the machine that says manufacture year, etc, is it by laws that every machine would need to have a compliance plate? all other machines in my workshop have them.

4. There is no log book or service history book comes with the machine, I rang Multicam and ask for it, then it took them 2-3 days to send me a pdf file, no hard copies --- I got a feeling they just made something up and send it to me.

5. I found a sticker in the tool chamber, it is from previous servicing or some sort, the date on it is 11th October 2010.

6. When I asked the Multicam technician that what year this machine was from, he didn't want to answer me, but he gave me a "funny look".

I have been arguing with Multicam for more than a week now, of course they have all the "answers" to my questions, but they don't sound legit to me.

What can I do? Is there anything I can do to proof the model year? I'm not too familiar with Multicam machines and I can't find too much info with the serial no.

At last, I'm not here to say Multicam ripped me off or not as I don't have the proof, I'm just asking some opinions on how can I found out the truth or what can I do next.

Regards,

NebiqCo