Opinon Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?


Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    263
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Default Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    Before I go trying to slave two steppers to one output on my Gecko thought I'd look around for 5 axis controllers, fell over these.

    Anyone own one of these? Dare I say they are cheap, cheap enough to try?

    Anyone like to proffer an opinion?


    https://www.lollette.com/NVCM6V2.1-CNC-Controller.html
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NVCM6V2-...UAAOSw5HBbMMQf

    I think this is the same company
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NVUM-5-Axis....c100005.m1851


    Cheers,
    Steve

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3699
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    Two words of caution:
    'Cheap' from China does not carry a lot of confidence.
    Some of these cheap Chinese motion controllers only handle g0, g1, g2, g3 and a few other simple g-code commands. They do not handle things like probing.

    Lollette site: $120 reduced to $46. Um ......

    Cheers
    Roger



  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    263
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Two words of caution:
    'Cheap' from China does not carry a lot of confidence.
    Some of these cheap Chinese motion controllers only handle g0, g1, g2, g3 and a few other simple g-code commands. They do not handle things like probing.

    Lollette site: $120 reduced to $46. Um ......

    Cheers
    Roger
    Cheers mate,
    Steve



  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9502
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    Quote Originally Posted by curiosity22 View Post
    Cheers mate,
    Steve
    Get Ethernet if you are looking at these a little more money but worth it, also higher Hz output https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32836375806.html

    Mactec54


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    I haven't used those devices, but sadly have some experience of repairing cheap Chinese offerings over the years. Usually things look good from the outside, apart from the usual spelling mistakes, but inside is a different matter. Everything on the board will be made very cheaply, they save a tiny fraction on whatever they can, and this will show most on the bits you get to touch like the connectors which will have the minimum amount of metal required to make a connection. Not good for reliability.

    Also, if a manufacturer prints "Enternet Controller" on his product, how carefully has he debugged the firmware ? Done thermal tests ? Noise immunity ?

    I've given up with cheap Chinese stuff now, preferring to buy old kit from reputable makers instead.



  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    263
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    Thanks for the info people, much appreciated.


    Cheers,
    Steve



  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9502
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorbit View Post
    I haven't used those devices, but sadly have some experience of repairing cheap Chinese offerings over the years. Usually things look good from the outside, apart from the usual spelling mistakes, but inside is a different matter. Everything on the board will be made very cheaply, they save a tiny fraction on whatever they can, and this will show most on the bits you get to touch like the connectors which will have the minimum amount of metal required to make a connection. Not good for reliability.

    Also, if a manufacturer prints "Enternet Controller" on his product, how carefully has he debugged the firmware ? Done thermal tests ? Noise immunity ?

    I've given up with cheap Chinese stuff now, preferring to buy old kit from reputable makers instead.
    And who would be a good supplier,that you would suggest for someone to buy a Control Board from

    There is nothing wrong with this manufacture and they make a quality control Board

    Mactec54


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    I just bought some boards from Mesa, they seem good quality.

    Mesa Electronics



  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9502
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorbit View Post
    I just bought some boards from Mesa, they seem good quality.

    Mesa Electronics
    I don't think they will work to well with Mach3 and Gecko drives

    Last edited by mactec54; 04-15-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    Mactec54


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    My next build is LinuxCNC, my redundant Mach3 build uses https://warp9td.com



  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    263
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

    Thank you for your interest people.

    Cheers,
    Steve

    I have ended up placing an order for a AXBB-E ethernet motion controller and breakout board combo.

    Cheers...

    Last edited by curiosity22; 04-16-2019 at 05:14 AM.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?

Does anyone own one of these 5/6 axis controllers?