Australia Wiring between stepper motors and drivers

Thread: Wiring between stepper motors and drivers

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring between stepper motors and drivers

Hey folks. I have a Pacific Tooling PT6012 Router. I would have liked a wiring diagram when I bought it but they said it wasn't available. Hence, I have been slowly creating one for my machine.
    During this process, I have noticed what seems to be an inconsistency. All of my stepper motors (I have a 4 axis machine) have red, green, blue and yellow wires.
    For the Y & Z axes, yellow goes to the B+ terminal on the (Leadshine M542-05) drivers and the blue goes to the B- terminal. However, for my X & A axes, this is reversed i.e. yellow to B- and blue to B+.
    My question is this, does this reversal matter? If it does, why are they reversed? The machine works fine like this but I'd still like to know (I'm like that )

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers
    Doug

Similar Threads:

ericks

Default Re: Wiring between stepper motors and drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Dougsshed View Post
    Hey folks. I have a Pacific Tooling PT6012 Router. I would have liked a wiring diagram when I bought it but they said it wasn't available. Hence, I have been slowly creating one for my machine.
    During this process, I have noticed what seems to be an inconsistency. All of my stepper motors (I have a 4 axis machine) have red, green, blue and yellow wires.
    For the Y & Z axes, yellow goes to the B+ terminal on the (Leadshine M542-05) drivers and the blue goes to the B- terminal. However, for my X & A axes, this is reversed i.e. yellow to B- and blue to B+.
    My question is this, does this reversal matter? If it does, why are they reversed? The machine works fine like this but I'd still like to know (I'm like that )

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers
    Doug
    It's good that you making a diagram, it might prove useful in the future

Downloads
    Uploads

Indeed! I know of a couple of other guys who have bought this machine and I intend to give them a copy when I'm finished (with a disclaimer of course).

Downloads
    Uploads

Whoever assembled the machine probably just swapped those wires to set the desired direction of rotation for the steppers. If you swap them back, you will have to correct for it in the software settings.

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by Dougsshed View Post
    Indeed! I know of a couple of other guys who have bought this machine and I intend to give them a copy when I'm finished (with a disclaimer of course).
    That is very good indeed

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    Whoever assembled the machine probably just swapped those wires to set the desired direction of rotation for the steppers. If you swap them back, you will have to correct for it in the software settings.
    Thanks for that. I guess it was easier for the factory to do that rather than fix it in Mach3 (they provided the software already set up).