freejoth turret mill to cnc - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: freejoth turret mill to cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: freejoth turret mill to cnc

Hi,

i did want to machine aluminium parts for engines with high precision
    now your off on a whole different tangent. A Router is design that can be made rigid enough for plastics and
    wood. Sufficiently strongly built machines will do a fair job in aluminum but not with the high accuracy of
    bed mill.

The cutting forces of cutting metals is way WAY higher than wood or plastic and to be accurate the rigidity of the
    machine needs to be that much higher also. An insufficiently rigid machine will vibrate in a manner that makes getting
    a good surface finish impossible.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

I am a shade confused here. One minute we seem to be discussing a budget-build of a door-sized router, then we are discussing seriously over-sized servos, then we are discussing machining precision aluminium engine parts, still on that low-budget build.
    Ambition is great, but there is a serious lack of engineering reality in all this.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

No that is not right the reason i asked about servos was for my turret mill which has a broken feed worm gear and the mill does not feed anymore so hence the reason i wanted to convert it to a 3 axis cnc ,but i just found out recently about 3 weeks ago who sold my mill in australia in the first place which is a mfi quantum but i could not find anyone in australia that has had anything to do with them, i now find out that they changed business name to cnc machines australia i rang them up and they sold the machine to the first owner and they contacted the mill manufacture freejoth and i can now get anything for it so i ordered all the parts to fix it ,the parts arrived from taiwan to cnc machines in melbourne late this week and i will have them next week.

before i got on here i new nothing about cnc just wanted to fix my mill,i always needed a plasma cutter but before i got on here i didn't think i could build one or afford one,the reason i need one is i work for myself mine specing plant and machinery for mine sites and this nearly always involves building guarding for exhaust manifolds or fan guarding both need to have slots in them which i could cut out on plasma table and then fold them in my folder.at the moment i am using perforated sheet which is very expensive and time consuming nut serting all the pieces together,
    the reason i would of liked it to be a router as well is because i would like to play with wood at some point but metal is my thing.
    but clearly it is not great trying to make one machine do two jobs.

regards wayne

Downloads
    Uploads

clearly it is not great trying to make one machine do two jobs.
    You have got it.

Cheers
    Roger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123