Help from home would be nice

Thread: Help from home would be nice

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help from home would be nice

Hi All,

My head is spinning from all the information here so I thought I'd try for a little help from my fellow aussies/kiwis. I'm in Bali helping a friend take a handmade-only furniture factory to the next level. We're hoping to make it more profitable by increasing productivity but also to be an education and training facility to help ease the transition from handmade to automated for the local crew. We make furniture like bedside tables, chairs, coffee tables etc. While the quality of the handmade stuff is great consistency has been an issue and a few new large orders mean we have to move to CNC for some of the work. The largest dimension for legs and things would be approx 800mm. It's probably a bit open ended but I'd love to hear some suggestions for a 4 axis machine. I've been looking at the omni 1325 as an upper limit on budget and size. Importing can be tricky but the omni sells locally for twice what you can get it for on alibaba etc. Am I ignoring the generic chinese brands at my own peril? The orders aren't huge at this point but multi-head might be useful down the line a little. Any input at all at this point would be hugely appreciated. Not even sure how to narrow down my question so I'll float this and see how we go. Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help from home would be nice

Well on my opinion specially on mass production, there is no CNC machine that`s too perfect for your product that`s for sure, if it`s too perfect then it`ll be too expensive, thus a very lengthy ROI ( return of investment) making your own desired CNC machine is the best way to go, since you can choose anything you like on a machine, (size, LXWXH, speed, torque, etc.)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    Well on my opinion specially on mass production, there is no CNC machine that`s too perfect for your product that`s for sure, if it`s too perfect then it`ll be too expensive, thus a very lengthy ROI ( return of investment) making your own desired CNC machine is the best way to go, since you can choose anything you like on a machine, (size, LXWXH, speed, torque, etc.)
    Thanks for the suggestion because of time constraints and what I assume is a relatively steep learning curve I'm not going to be building something from scratch for this phase of our expansion. Im looking for an out-of-the-box solution that will work and give us an idea of where we need to go next. Eventually we'd like to be working with stone and other materials but for now wood is the focus so I'm figuring any machine will be powerful enough. Is this a fair assumption? The omni 6090 is big enough in LXWXH. I just like the pictures of the twin head 1325 but seriously the separate rotary axis on the bigger machines seems like it might be valuable in terms of time spent setting up the machine for different jobs. Also wear and tear in removing and reattaching rotary attachments seems like it would be a concern if we need the full table size of the 6090 for some jobs and rotary for others. Has anyone worked with the 6090?