Australia door software

Thread: door software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default door software

Hello
    I've just purchased a kdt 24 x 12 kn2 for cabinetry manufacture
    im running cab master basic and ezynest
    i found out after i got it all that i can not make shaker doors (or any routered door faces )with this software
    just wondering if anyone knows of affordable software to do kitchen doors with ,and if there are any links to sites that have simple affordable software
    for those not familiar with shaker doors it basically a flat door with the middle section routered out 6 mm deep to ,ideally i would want software that does this parametrically so i dont have to design each door .
    local suppliers are asking $20-30K for this basic function
    i have found a supplier in the us called routercad ,which looks good for $2500 us ,any one used them or have any useful advice
    TIA

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: door software

Had you considered learning to write your own g-code programs? Not hard - very simple language, and then you are free to design whatever you want.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Had you considered learning to write your own g-code programs? Not hard - very simple language, and then you are free to design whatever you want.

Cheers
    Roger
    I would love to learn how ,i am very new to this ,where is the best place to look online for instructions

Downloads
    Uploads

The Mach3Mill and Mach3Turn manuals have lots of short bits of code, illustrating how the instructions work.
    There are some other PDFs (well, lots of them) on the web for other machines.
    The 'classic' texts are a few books by Peter Smid, but he is not the only author by a long way today.
    Some study needed.

Caution: the 'full' list of g-code instructions is probably NOT available on any one machine. While there is a modern NIST Standard to which modern CNC systems adhere, many older (traditional) companies have their own variations and aberrations. They are loath to abandon backward compatibility.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey mate,

The back end of CabMaster is Enroute, which is a very good piece of software. I teach how to program with Enroute for various industries. What you could do is manually program your own doors, A bit fiddly but as you already have the software you can do it at no extra cost. Once you have done it for a specific size you can always then just resize appropriately. Where are you located?

Cheers Ryan