Rack & Pinion local suppliers

Thread: Rack & Pinion local suppliers

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Rack & Pinion local suppliers

Hi
    I'm planning a 4 x 4' router build similar to a Joe's EVO / Hybrid and looking for 1/2" racks 20 pitch 20deg pressure angle.
    I see McMaster Carr and a few other US suppliers do these. It would be good to avoid the usual high freight costs from the US to New Zeraland.
    Any recomendations of local suppliers or possibly an Aliexpress recomendation?

thanks
    Patrick

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lotus23C; 02-25-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Rack & Pinion local suppliers

You could try TEA in Qld.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Rack & Pinion local suppliers

I've built a plasma table about 1200 x 1300. There is a guy on eBay called CNC and Cupcake World (or something similar) who has some cheap racks which I purchased for my gantry. It is fine When I built my table, I settled for these guys (who were selling on eBay at the time)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gro...4ff115a9cVuwmy

The reason I used their rack and pinion is becasue using their 5:1 timing belt reduction drives saved me making one which would have cost similar. I will say their Helical rack and pinion is superior to the square cut one I got off ebay. I had to upgrade to NEMA 34's to use these.

I ended up using 25mm Hiwin rails from another AliExpress supplier who was much cheaper than Noulei and similar in price to the 15mm rails I bougt from CNC and Cupcake world.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au