Australia New Here looking for information

Thread: New Here looking for information

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question New Here looking for information

Hello i am very new here and was wondering if I can get some infomrmation, I am looking at buying a Laser cutter from overseas, just a cheap one until i can afford a good one, I mainly want to use it to cut stencils and see what else i can do with it. being new to all this I am hoping to teach myself off of you tube and hopefully be able to get allot support here as well with out imposing to much or being anoying, hahaha

I dont really have a budget but I was looking at aorunf $3500, .
    the things I need to know is what are the pros and cons of buying from other seas and is it worth it if you are just starting out with one. I have been to seen demonstrations on really good model and hopwe to have one of them when i can afford it.
    What shoudl i be looking for in the mean time and any recommendation on where a good site is, i have been on Ali baba looking at them, or what model would you recommend,
    are there option like a bottle engraver as well, and what sort of laser outage should I look at, as I am not very experienced and that techincal mind with stuff like this but i do pick thing up easy and can eventually get my head around the technical jargon.
    What should I be looking for when buy-in one, as in programs
    what program do you use when making design for laser cutter or do they usally come with the cutter itself,

Many thanks for you help I look forward to contributing more once i am a bit more knowledgbale about things and also look forward to sharing my designs.
    Thanks.
    PS sorry about the spelling and grammar I have just come off 12 hour night shift and just remembered I needed to wirte this
    Trin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Here looking for information

Many of the Chinese vendors are nothing more than middle men. They will email enthusiastically UNTIL you have paid. After that the support they can give is ZERO.
    To be sure, I am assured you can buy reasonable machines from China, but from whom ... I know not.
    Be very careful.

Cheers
    Roger
    PS: CNC-Zone should have this as an auto-reply to all new such postings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Here looking for information

I am an Australian living in China for the past 13 plus years. I run a small business here and have fallen on some despicable business people who cannot be trusted.

I guess this happens in all countries but I see and read a lot more about Chinese poor business antics, maybe because China is exporting a lot more these days as compared with 15 years ago.

However, I also see the other side, where the Chinese are trying their best to overcome these perceived problems, which are sometimes reality.

I use two 60 watt laser machines, and had teething problems with both. But as long as you are willing to learn, these machines work ok….. Not great, but ok.
    So please describe more of what you want from a laser machine. What raw material you want to work with. Ie wood, glass, plastic’s or metal. Although you do mention bottle engraving.
    This would give a better understanding of what you need

If you could also mention where you are at, within Australia, you maybe able to view some laser cutters
    hope this helps
    Nivlek