About the Australian and New Zealand forum - Page 16

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: About the Australian and New Zealand forum

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: About the Australian and New Zealand forum

So what is your problem with it? Why does it need a controller upgrade, in your opinion? Is it faulty?

Downloads
    Uploads

hi all,

thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Adam, located in Braeside Melbourne, bought a ex BAE Bridgeport VMC 1000 -22 from south australia, had it shipped over and with the exception of one of the simodrive units packing it in its mostly working.

I've taught myself cad in fusion 360 and have managed to run a few programs and get a decent enough part out of it,

Hoping to make some motorcycle specific parts on it once i can get my tool changer working again

Downloads
    Uploads

I am CNC programmer with 10 years experience I have good knowledge of mastercam, solidcam, worknc, edgecam, solidworks, I need job in Europe and US country
    Please help me
    Mobile :+91 9465175188

Downloads
    Uploads

HI all,
    A quick intro, I'm a Industrial designer former aircraft engineer in Christchurch, who, after a looooong gestation, is building largish vertical router in ther garage. I've lurked this site years and finally have something show

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I am from Port Franklin, Sth Gippsland.

Downloads
    Uploads

Great to see a thread for Aussies. I have been running my luthiery business for 3 years now and am taking the lunge into CNC to help make it more viable against the generic market. I was a trade qualified fitter & turner back in 1996 and haven't touched CNC since 1998. I can't wait for my 6040 to arrive so I can start to tinker. Looking for like minded luthiers and CNC fiends to share knowledge.

Downloads
    Uploads

New to posting on this forum. Been around in the shadows for a few years

Hey All,

RNJ FAB here, based south of Brisbane, QLD. A few years ago we took the plunge into the CNC wormhole and have never looked back. We do a lot of steel and aluminium fabrication and signs using our home made CNC plasma. It started as a crazy idea, then lots of reading, and then more reading, then we jumped in head first.

The CNC plan was a cutting area of 1200 x 1200 (ability to run through a whole sheet), be able to be a CNC plasma or CNC router (interchangeable head and spoil board), and done for under 2k. We managed to achieve this and then upgraded parts as we moved along the journey of discovery.

I'll endeavour to get some photo's up to show the evolution soon.

We are now looking into building a CNC Laser machine as there has been an increase of enquiries for internal signs made from acrylic, this is not a material that we would normally deal with. We are thinking along the lines of a small 40W laser, with a cutting bed of 1300x2500, all contained within a sealed box with a full filter and extractor system.

The physical construction of this will be the easy part. I'm still investigating the use of a MESA control board and light burn software. What are most people running??

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,
    I converted my X2 mill to CNC many years ago using Fignoggle kits. Easy to do and has been running well since early 2000's. In about 2006 I bought an acme leadscrew kit from them which has now shat its Y axis bearings.
    They have rotated in the housing and are totally rooted in every way you could imagine, so I can't see any markings on them and even though I've measured them I can't tell if they are metric or inch bearings and the housing doesn't give me any clues either.
    I tried emailing David at Fignoggle for bearing specs but emails come back with "Access denied, recipient address rejected..." So I guess he's not there any more or they are out of business - even though their website is functional and still advertises kits.
    Does anyone know?

Thanks,
    Dave in Ulladulla, NSW.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, A short note to introduce myself and thank you for the forum.
    I'm Ted from Earlwood in Sydney, NSW.
    I'm retired, trying to be a hobby woodworker, and have come to CNC wanting to complement my woodworking.
    I've got advanced IT skills, but know little about microprocessors, soldering, etc. So it's going to be a steep learning curve.
    It's July 2022 and I'm about to make my first Arduino CNC Plotter from DVD drives. From there, I hope to leap frog to CNC laser etcher (again, DVD drive-based) and then a "real" CNC router.
    I know that I can buy complete tools cheaper than I can make them but I think most of the "fun" is in the learning. But, ask me again in a year!!
    Thanks
    Tedinoz

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounding in as a member in Sydney NSW.
    I've been involved in the design and construction of a few CNC router/plasma/laser beds using Arduino control and readily available control software.
    Happy to help anyone with their designs.

Regards,
    Ramjet.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi paulC I guess you are in nz still where abouts and do you use planet cnc cheers steve te awamutu

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516