About the Australian and New Zealand forum - Page 2

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: About the Australian and New Zealand forum

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NZ Jetboat

Is this guy in the group? If not, he should be!

jetboat

Poor planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on my part!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

turmite

still digging
    x30000 ct though if lucky

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default hi guys

Hi there,
    just thought I'd post a quick note to introduce myself. I come from Geelong and allthough I dont yet have a CNC set up to speak of I do have intentions of building a CNC router, most probably using EMC to drive it. I do have some servo motors which I picked up second hand in Singapore but I'm still trying with some difficulty to source some schematics and specs for them.
    Cheers
    Splint

Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome Splint,

Post all the info from the servios and you might get lucky from someone on this forum. Might want to start a new Thread.
    Hager

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys!
    Just popped in to see what you guys are doing. I'm a down under member also, however a bit far to the west, Africa to be exactly, LOL!

Klox

*** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    i am down under in the process of assembling the parts at present
    have got :
    xylotex driver,stepper motors ,24v dc power supply
    thk bearings,
    ball screws,

at present playing around with spindle have a foredom type handpiece looking at flexible drive to run it
    size of mill/engraver approx 20cm*20cm*8cm
    still designing the frame and gantry which will be aluminium
    moving table type,
    great site

ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Just out of interest, and probably stating the obvious, feel free to start new threads in the Aus,NZ forum. Just incase you thought this sub forum was just a thread only and not a stand alone forum.

It would be good to see lists of suppliers that related to your state.

Or

Articals and pictues of locally built machines.

Lists of Trade shows would be good also.

Any thing you want that is related to our region.

Also if you could list your state and suburb that would make it even better. I actually have already met up with Boris because of this forum. Funny thing that it took a world wide forum for us to meet up and our houses are on the same page of the street directory. What are the chances of that?

Being outside the square !!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,
    Michael here from Wyndham Vale ( Melbourne's west suburbs).
    I joined the cnczone forum around a week ago and was informed of the aussie branch by ynneb, thanks mate.

I have done a stack of surfing on the web for anything and everything to do with cnc routers and it seemed to me that Australia did not really have much to offer in the way of cnc routers at a hobby level.

Its times like this I wish I was a yank or a pom, there are just so many people into the hobby cncs over there.

Just a bit on myself, I am a fitter and machinist by trade. I started and completed my apprenticeship at the ordnance factory Maribyrnong and from there worked in another heavy engineering place then onto a light engineering joint. cnc machines being part of my normal working life during all the time working as a machinist.

I have been off the tools for the last 3 years and am now an operator in a chemical plant, must admit I miss the cnc machining side of things. I can jump onto a mill or a lathe any time but there is nothing better than writing your own pgm and hitting cyc start.

I am planning on building a router with an operating range of around the 600 x 400 size (3 x 2') mostly cutting out various shapes out of mdf from 3mm to 12mm. A vacuum table is the goal as all the parts I need are to be fully cut out of the sheet and clamping is not an option.

Anyone got a vacuum pump kicking around?

cheers all Michael

No, Little-Johnny, pomegranate is not a type of English stone.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

G'day all,

Michael come on mate don't wish that upon yourself. I myself am a proud aussie, thank VB for that!

Reside myself down the VIC peninsula area. Not too bad thus would love a change. Been quite awhile between changes!

Anyway nice to see an aussie section, don't no about the NZ part, they maybe too busy trying to cash in on hearding sheep off to the U.S. for Uggs!

Cheers Boys. Bretty...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,
    Bob here from Timboon near Warrnambool in South West Vic.

Michael,
    Have seen online pics of old refrigerator motor\pump units used as vacuum pumps. Dunno about longevity as I have a feeling they normally have some oil in the refrigerant for lubrication. Probably got info filed somewhere in my puter.

As well as a normal pump there are other 2 other options depending on just how high a vacuum you need.

1. A venturi setup powered by compressed air.
    2. Old household vacuum cleaner will work in the lower ranges but a bleeder inlet is essential as the air most flow thru the motor to keep it cool so it doesnt burn out.

Regards Bob Thomas
    www.ebooks.ausmade.com.au

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guy's,

Dave Here (AKA Kookaburra). I'd Love to join the list. We are CNC control manufacturers for the diy and beyond markets. We are releasing an exciting new device shortly and will be announcing first here in the Zone. Keep your eyes peeled. If you want more info, we can discuss it the Aussie forum when the time is right, can't tell you too much as this is not an advertising forum.

I'm in Oak Flats near Wollongong NSW

"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

If you want more info, we can discuss it the Aussie forum when the time is right, can't tell you too much as this is not an advertising forum.
    Yes you are right its not an advertising forum, but it is acceptable to talk about products that relate to CNC, thats the whole point of the forum. Why dont you tell us what it does but not mention its name?

You got me interested in what it might be, so I went to your site. I see you are releasing new servo drives. They sound interesting. How will they compare with the other Aussie drivers, Rutex, price performance etc?

Being outside the square !!!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast