About the Australian and New Zealand forum - Page 2

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: About the Australian and New Zealand forum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

G'day all,

Michael come on mate don't wish that upon yourself. I myself am a proud aussie, thank VB for that!

Reside myself down the VIC peninsula area. Not too bad thus would love a change. Been quite awhile between changes!

Anyway nice to see an aussie section, don't no about the NZ part, they maybe too busy trying to cash in on hearding sheep off to the U.S. for Uggs!

Cheers Boys. Bretty...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,
    Bob here from Timboon near Warrnambool in South West Vic.

Michael,
    Have seen online pics of old refrigerator motor\pump units used as vacuum pumps. Dunno about longevity as I have a feeling they normally have some oil in the refrigerant for lubrication. Probably got info filed somewhere in my puter.

As well as a normal pump there are other 2 other options depending on just how high a vacuum you need.

1. A venturi setup powered by compressed air.
    2. Old household vacuum cleaner will work in the lower ranges but a bleeder inlet is essential as the air most flow thru the motor to keep it cool so it doesnt burn out.

Regards Bob Thomas
    www.ebooks.ausmade.com.au

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guy's,

Dave Here (AKA Kookaburra). I'd Love to join the list. We are CNC control manufacturers for the diy and beyond markets. We are releasing an exciting new device shortly and will be announcing first here in the Zone. Keep your eyes peeled. If you want more info, we can discuss it the Aussie forum when the time is right, can't tell you too much as this is not an advertising forum.

I'm in Oak Flats near Wollongong NSW

"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

If you want more info, we can discuss it the Aussie forum when the time is right, can't tell you too much as this is not an advertising forum.
    Yes you are right its not an advertising forum, but it is acceptable to talk about products that relate to CNC, thats the whole point of the forum. Why dont you tell us what it does but not mention its name?

You got me interested in what it might be, so I went to your site. I see you are releasing new servo drives. They sound interesting. How will they compare with the other Aussie drivers, Rutex, price performance etc?

Being outside the square !!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Kooka,
    Really look forward to those extra special deals that you are going to give me and all of my mates, Nah just joking!!!! -------------(sort of)

No, Little-Johnny, pomegranate is not a type of English stone.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nah dont joke garagefela, I expect huge discounts. Actually we can be the beta testers for the new drivers and Kooka can pay us to test them.

Being outside the square !!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Kooka,
    See how this forum works, we promise only to bend your arm as far as WE can stand it.

Cheers M

No, Little-Johnny, pomegranate is not a type of English stone.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guy's,

My arm is nearly broken I think, LMAO.

Checking with CNCadmin, what I can actually say here, so please be patient. If you PM me a request I can give you some info on the drives or I will post what I can shortly.

Dave Drain

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Well Boss Man has said it is ok to talk about the product specifications.

The new drive is a fast, ultrasmooth running, dc servo drive. It is an intellegent device using high speed programmed micro processors (not pics). Our drives come in two models 1. 0-80V 25amps 2. 0-200V 20amps. These are realistic specs, not pushing the boundries of the fet ratings like other devices. The drives are featured with an inbuilt step multiplier, 8 bit and 12 bit selectable error count, +/- 1-10V controlled output for driving servo amps or vvvf drives, fast 2meg encoder input acceptance, 2meg step input acceptance, PID tuning, current limiting facility. The drive can run in velocity or axis mode which will allow the user to use it as a spindle speed controller acceping PWM information from the PC software for programmable spindle speed. The velocity/axis modes can be software switched to allow third party software (which we and others distribute) to perform automatic thread cutting on lathes as well as other functions. The new device does not have an annoying hunting noise when the motor is in a stopped condition.

There are other features that our drives have but I think this is enough to bore you all with right now.

I think this is all I should morally say for now.

Dave Drain

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Guys,

Another Michael here, too many already i think.
    I have met Boros already, great bloke and his machine will kick ass when its up and running.

My details

I am a newbie to all of this.
    I want to build a cnc router to route out wing ribs and fuselage formers, i'm into model aircraft in a big way. I figured i coulf combine my passion for aircraft and electronics into one, what a nutter!!

I'm sorry ynneb i missed that barie the other day, but I was tending to my new born son, I think the wife would have spat the chips if i said i had to mosie out and catch up with a few fellas.

Any how, i would love to catch up with you guys, chat about cnc and all the great things I could build.

On another note, why in the hell arn't there any cnc surplus stores in Melbourne?? i went to singapore and found two shops with stacks of cnc surplus stuff, i was a little kid playing in mud.

Cheers
    Mikie

Downloads
    Uploads

Please keep CNC related building in the appropriate forums.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now that youz have all been roused on by CNCAdmin I'm gonna swing in & shout out hi.

HI

Richard here.
    In Sydney looking at starting to produce stuff from the bottom up. Lathes, Mills, Drills, parts & chips ... I think I'll start at the Foundry with a few books ... Ergh

Richard
    If I truly knew what i was doing I'd be up the front teaching
    "If it aint broke ... F*&^ with it till it is"

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL Richard,

Are you gunna get vinegar and scallops with those chips? Welcome to the Aussie clubhouse.

Dave Drain

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Dave,

You're a man to my own heart. Chips & scallops, the staple diet of any working tradie

Thanks for the welcome.

Does anybody know or have done any home-brew foundry work? I'm looking at starting this project from the VERY bottom ...

Richard
    If I truly knew what i was doing I'd be up the front teaching
    "If it aint broke ... F*&^ with it till it is"

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi DaDukeofoz,
    if like me your interested in melting metal try this link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hobbicast/ or this link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/castinghobby/ or this link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeFoundry/ or this link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/metalcasters/ or this link http://l.webring.com/hub?ring=hobbyfoundry
    I'm not yet to the stage of doing my own castings but it's well up there in my list of things to do, in fact my main reason for getting into cnc is to make precision high quality patterns and machine the the finished castings. Welcome to the forum.
    Splint

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mikie,
    if you have the address and contact details of the surplus cnc shops in Singapore can you post them here please, someone here may want to know where to go if they happen to be passing through Singapore.
    Cheers mate
    Splint

Downloads
    Uploads

DaDukeofoz (Richard),

I think I have some info still on a newish process of using a modified microwave oven (believe it or not) to melt metals. If you want I can try to dig it up.

Dave Drain

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, details as requested.
    This is such a good shop, you can also use him for mail order.

Kaichin Electronics
    L.Y>Ling Manager
    10 Jalan Besar #03-25 Sim Lim Tower Singapore 208787

Tel 62990375
    Fax 6298 2996
    Email kaichinemail@yahoo.com

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mikie,
    that's interesting you say you can use him for mail order, I was there in mid January and asked him about mail order and he said he didn't do it because it was too much mucking around. I guess if you have an order worth enough to him he'd do it.
    Thanks
    Splint

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh,

Well I was there in September of 2003.
    He was happy to mail order then, but maybe something happened in the interim and he may have changed his mind?

He isn't the cheapest bloke, but he has everything you could want to build a machine.

He isn't easily peruaded either to let stuff go at a cheaper rate, though i got a heap of pillow blocks for $2 ea.

mike

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast