Australia Extron E320 CNC mill communications. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extron E320 CNC mill communications.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Extron E320 CNC mill communications.

OK, what are you doing to load your program? what happens after you try to load your program?

Downloads
    Uploads

I was told the same about the control being close to a Fanuc but it doesn't seem to share much, definitely not post processors. I've got a post I did for F360 based on an Atrump one that works, it still needs a bit of tweaking but I don't use it that much, only when I need to do 3D stuff. You're welcome to a copy if you want it.

I've got a really good post for Sheetcam. I use it a lot for anything 2.5D as it's really quick to spit out code from a dxf and takes about an hour to learn.

Downloads
    Uploads

so... got machine few weeks back for a shop up at the GC that was upgrading was being used all good they had the titan dnc on the side had used it for big files but mosty program on the control. Got the machine here and hooked up all good.

I draw in fusion then post ( unsure if i have exact correct post ) i then take over stick the usb in the dnc click on file and make it ready to send on the dnc. at this stage ive hit rs232 on controller and hit read and nothing happens on controller or the dnc. tried bunch of times so looked at the settings they were different then what is in the MIRL book so i changes them over still nothing looked at settings in DNC changed them to line up best i can as MIRL and nothing.

toady i found a cable int the cabinet went and got a rs232 to usb adaptor from jaycar went straight to rs232 to pc downloaded prodnc ( got setting as close as i thought ) tried again on control rs232 button then read and nothing.

if someone want to weigh in they can even give me a call on 0427498047 I really dont know what way to head with this.

Downloads
    Uploads

hey mate would love anything i can get settings posts etc im really at the end of my rope with it with burning heaps of time and achiving nothing

if you want to email or send me stuff be great jmweng82@gmail.com or 0427498047 iv based in dubbo

thanks bud

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by proengines View Post
    I was told the same about the control being close to a Fanuc but it doesn't seem to share much, definitely not post processors. I've got a post I did for F360 based on an Atrump one that works, it still needs a bit of tweaking but I don't use it that much, only when I need to do 3D stuff. You're welcome to a copy if you want it.

I've got a really good post for Sheetcam. I use it a lot for anything 2.5D as it's really quick to spit out code from a dxf and takes about an hour to learn.
    hey mate would love anything i can get settings posts etc im really at the end of my rope with it with burning heaps of time and achiving nothing

if you want to email or send me stuff be great jmweng82@gmail.com or 0427498047 iv based in dubbo

thanks bud

Downloads
    Uploads

I just e-mailed you the F360 post and some other details about the way I've got mine networked to the PC. Give me a call tomorrow and I can give you some more specifics.

Good Morning,
    Checking if this thread is still active, Have an Extron E320 with Mirl2000 controller, we had 4th Axis Working but after turning it off in the controller and then now turning it on it doesn't seem to be on the screen, we have multiple replacement drives and a few spares after having a few faults, we keep chasing this thing down the rabbit hole and now I believe we're in too deep to stop.
    Any info suggestions, manuals (or some godly advice on parameters) would be welcomed and appreciated
    email address is enigmacustoms.au@gmail.com or 0455471411 if you want to have a chat.

Nick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123