Australia Extron E320 CNC mill communications. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extron E320 CNC mill communications.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Extron E320 CNC mill communications.

I forgot to check back recently, I'm glad there's been some other people post here. I have a Fusion 360 post and a Mastercam one which are very close if not spot on. I've been using sheetcam as most of my work is 2.5D and it's quick and simple from a DXF so I have a post for that as well if anyone needs it.

Does anyone have DNC set up on their machines? A lot of the F360 code for the 3D work I've been doing goes over the line limit of the control so it might be time to get that sorted out.

FastFarmer, no legal issues making the stocks. They're not a firearm part as per the definitions in the legislation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by proengines View Post
    I forgot to check back recently, I'm glad there's been some other people post here. I have a Fusion 360 post and a Mastercam one which are very close if not spot on. I've been using sheetcam as most of my work is 2.5D and it's quick and simple from a DXF so I have a post for that as well if anyone needs it.

Does anyone have DNC set up on their machines? A lot of the F360 code for the 3D work I've been doing goes over the line limit of the control so it might be time to get that sorted out.

FastFarmer, no legal issues making the stocks. They're not a firearm part as per the definitions in the legislation.

I have DNC on my machine, I will have to check what software I used, I also now have a "Shoplink Flash" it works better than the DNC with it I just plug in a USB and run from it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_B View Post
    I have DNC on my machine, I will have to check what software I used, I also now have a "Shoplink Flash" it works better than the DNC with it I just plug in a USB and run from it.

OOOH, I have DNC working but would be interested in the "Shoplink Flash"

@Proengines, I have a F360 post but and finding when I tap a thread it seems to come up with an error but when I fix that issue I get an error with feedrate. I can't remember what I have done in the past to work it out but need to fix it again now as I've upgraded my computer and my originally set up post isn't there anymore

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Aly-Tek View Post
    OOOH, I have DNC working but would be interested in the "Shoplink Flash"

@Proengines, I have a F360 post but and finding when I tap a thread it seems to come up with an error but when I fix that issue I get an error with feedrate. I can't remember what I have done in the past to work it out but need to fix it again now as I've upgraded my computer and my originally set up post isn't there anymore
    USB reader for CNC's, HAAS-FANUC-for most CNCs, connect to RS232, ShopLink FLASH | eBay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would a love a copy of any MIRL 2000 info you have.
    or extron alarm codes etc.....

Cheers Kyle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kyle
    Can you give an email address and will share via dropbox.
    Conversational manual and operator's manual are around 20mb each.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

kdpengineering2426@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any idea why i am getting the alarm MLC 002 TOOL CLAMP/UNCLAMP NOT EXACT
    i have done hundreds of tool changes before and this has just popped up all of a sudden.....
    i can't find a trace of MLC alarms for it anywhere.
    Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Peter, can't you use the chook postupdate ( or something like that) to get your version 9 post to work on MCX?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

G'day Greggv, Have got around it by using solidworks and fusion 360 cam, thanks mate

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Extron using ShopLink

Greetings, this is Jerry from ShopLink, makers of ShopLink FLASH products.
    I have another user trying to use ShopLink on a Extron with a Mirl 2000 control.
    Did your machine have a 9pin or 25pin connector? did the provided cable work without modification?
    What settings did you have the Extron set to for communications, 7 data bits, even parity, 1 stop bit
    at 9600 baud or other.

Thanks
    Jerry

Downloads
    Uploads

Peter35 - I would certainly be interested in the manual. jerry@highlanddnc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey i Know this is an old post but seen Ive just picked up a Extron mill (2001 model ) and would love to speak to someone about getting my head around it ( new to cnc ) if someone could spare me the time, in NSW and seen you guys are also NSW ACT love to touch base with someone thanks email me on jmweng82@gmail.com or something Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all looking for bit of help ive not long got an extron but cant seem to get titan dnc to run to rs232 if anyones free for a chat ild love to touch base.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jmweng View Post
    Hi all looking for bit of help ive not long got an extron but cant seem to get titan dnc to run to rs232 if anyones free for a chat ild love to touch base.
    I bought one of the same DNC setups and couldn't get it to run successfully (probably more my skills setting it up than a problem with the Titan setup). I've got my machine set up running networked to my PC with netbeui, it opens the programs directly fron the computer and works perfectly. My issue was that the control has a 10,000 line limit on the programs which got annoying with some longer programs or 3d parts. If you set up your post processor to leave off the line numbers, the machine will run as many lines as you want up to the limit of the memory in the controller. I haven't had any issues with running out of memory to this point. You do lose the ability to "run from" a particular line if you need to restart the program part way through but I haven't had a problem where I needed to do that to this point.

I'm still running windows XP on the computer it's connected to. Apparently it was the last windows version that will run netbeui easily? I'm not 100% sure of that but I'm not game to try in case I mess something up. It was all a fair while ago now so I couldn't run you through it easily. I can take some screen captures of different settings if you need them though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by proengines View Post
    I bought one of the same DNC setups and couldn't get it to run successfully (probably more my skills setting it up than a problem with the Titan setup). I've got my machine set up running networked to my PC with netbeui, it opens the programs directly fron the computer and works perfectly. My issue was that the control has a 10,000 line limit on the programs which got annoying with some longer programs or 3d parts. If you set up your post processor to leave off the line numbers, the machine will run as many lines as you want up to the limit of the memory in the controller. I haven't had any issues with running out of memory to this point. You do lose the ability to "run from" a particular line if you need to restart the program part way through but I haven't had a problem where I needed to do that to this point.

I'm still running windows XP on the computer it's connected to. Apparently it was the last windows version that will run netbeui easily? I'm not 100% sure of that but I'm not game to try in case I mess something up. It was all a fair while ago now so I couldn't run you through it easily. I can take some screen captures of different settings if you need them though.
    Thanks heaps mate ill definitely have to look a
    Into that then. If possible ild love to touch base with you directly if you got time sometime. I still havnt found what post to use yet

Downloads
    Uploads

I replaced my shoplink, just could never get it to work right I ended up changing it over to a Titan DNC and have never looked back. That was 3yrs ago now and it is still going strong.

Downloads
    Uploads

I replaced my shoplink, just could never get it to work right I ended up changing it over to a Titan DNC and have never looked back. That was 3yrs ago now and it is still going strong.
    What controller??

Downloads
    Uploads

Fanuc IO-mate -MB it was pretty much plug and play.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fanuc IO-mate -MB it was pretty much plug and play.
    Yeh ok im told mine is very simlar to fanuc. Maybe i have some settings wrong but dont seem to know where to head with it or what to do pretty usless to me if i cannt inout a program

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast