Australia Importing a cnc lathe from China - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Importing a cnc lathe from China

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Importing a cnc lathe from China

Plays perfect for me. Besides all that, WELL DONE!!!! Its fantastic to see people get their machines going and taking the time to share.
    Congrats on the conversion and keep the posts comming.
    Chich

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Chich !

Downloads
    Uploads

That was cool sheez how many times have I tried to make something like that by hand I make really good ovals. I will never forget the first time I ran my machine albeit a router ,great stuff thank's.

Downloads
    Uploads

So all the support you would get from a company like Hare & Forbes is missing.
    In my limited experience, it does not seem to me as though you will be missing much. Their support was VERY limited on several items I bought from them.

As for the finish ... the stand for the bandsaw was faulty and I had to fix it myself. Some of the bolt holes on the lathe saddle were filled with woppy and the saddle gears could not be adjusted properly. The locking bolt on the tailstock was on a tilted surface, and cleaning that up exposed more woppy, not cast iron. Hum ....

Photos of lathe in use needed!

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Long time no post I know but I just thought I'd give an update on the lathe. I'm very happy with it, I've really only had one issue with it which was a parameter setting which stopped the x and z motion when maximum rpm setting was reached in css mode.

I had been programming around that, changing from CSS to rpm mode before it reached the critical diameter and stopped the motion. Just recently it was annoying me again, and I thought I would ask the factory for some help with it. I did not expect them to help, but they were happy to and supplied me with the correct parameter setting and its now working well. In css mode it now ramps rpm up to the maximum setting, and the continues to cut at the maximum rpm setting.

I have taken quite a few videos of it working, but they need quite a bit of editing before I put them up.

JJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123