V-groove carve job, depth and corners problems

Thread: V-groove carve job, depth and corners problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default V-groove carve job, depth and corners problems

Hi,
    I have a job to do over this weekend and its stumped me. Its a milling job for two letters on a circular background one raised and one indented in beech.

I worked out a strategy a couple of months ago for this job using a large 120 degree 48mm diameter v-groove bit and some unusual profile paths instead of vcarve or prism carve path strategies. However true to circumstance I have to have the job done by Monday (its Friday night now) and I doubt I can get a 48mm 120 degree v-bit has now asked to have the piece but I do have a 120 degree v-bit at 22mm. Final disk is 450mm diameter (18”)

My question is what tricks am I missing so that I can just use my 22mm diameter 120 degree v-bit cos there is no way i’m going to be able to source a 48mm diameter v-bit in time? The client wants a reasonable height/depth to the letters and sharp ext and int corners and the height centre in each letter. Am I missing something obvious in the vcarve prism strategies perhaps?

V-groove carve job, depth and corners problems-final-version-jpg