Need Help! aspire with vision series 2 controller

Thread: aspire with vision series 2 controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default aspire with vision series 2 controller

Hi, I am a newbie here. any help is much appreciated. I am trying to send tool path files from Vectric Aspire to send a job to a vision 2448 using a series 2 controller. I am using a windows 7 laptop with a usb/serial converter. I have used this machine with engrave lab with no problems. Engrave lab uses a hot folder to get the files to the controller. as soon as you send the job, the light on the controller instantly starts flashing and the machine is ready to cut. I have not been able to successfully get the tool paths from aspire to the vision series 2. I have tried saving the files directly to the hot folder for engrave lab, I have tried gcode sender, universal gcode sender and too many other things to list. I am at a loss...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by asparky99 View Post
    Hi, I am a newbie here. any help is much appreciated. I am trying to send tool path files from Vectric Aspire to send a job to a vision 2448 using a series 2 controller. I am using a windows 7 laptop with a usb/serial converter. I have used this machine with engrave lab with no problems. Engrave lab uses a hot folder to get the files to the controller. as soon as you send the job, the light on the controller instantly starts flashing and the machine is ready to cut. I have not been able to successfully get the tool paths from aspire to the vision series 2. I have tried saving the files directly to the hot folder for engrave lab, I have tried gcode sender, universal gcode sender and too many other things to list. I am at a loss...
    I was wondering about doing 3D engraving with our 1624. Considering this post is 2 years old and never replied to, I guess it can’t be done.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: aspire with vision series 2 controller

Quote Originally Posted by tooler82 View Post
    I was wondering about doing 3D engraving with our 1624. Considering this post is 2 years old and never replied to, I guess it can’t be done.
    Vectric Aspire > output toolpath as txt file > make sure serial connection manager is active for vision machine tools > open motion mechanic from machine tools > click "file" the "send file" select txt file you created.. Series 2 controller should be blinking saying its ready to start the program.

Downloads
    Uploads

i have an old vision ve 810 engraver and i use vectric aspire to create the toolpath and i send it to the engraver and it works great..i can help someone if needed

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby5041 View Post
    i have an old vision ve 810 engraver and i use vectric aspire to create the toolpath and i send it to the engraver and it works great..i can help someone if needed
    Hi Shelby,
    I have a vision 24 S2 and don't know how to send from Vcarve. Do you need any other software or utility from Vision? My machine comes with no software but Vcarve.

Downloads
    Uploads

i cant find any info on that vision model number are you sure its correct?

Downloads
    Uploads

i connect my vision ve810 engraver via serial part and use vectric to create toolpath using vision series 1/2 post processor and then i send toolpath directly to machine via output to machine in vectric aspire

Downloads
    Uploads

So I hate to bump an old thread, but I'm attempting to use aspire with my Vision 2448 Router and I'm not seeing it as an option for a post processor. Where are you guys finding this machine?

disregard, I found it in the post processors.

thanks,

Davin