Has Artcam been discontinued?

Thread: Has Artcam been discontinued?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Has Artcam been discontinued?

I'm a current owner of V-Carve but I'm considering Artcam as an alternative, but when I got on their website and it says
    ArtCAM is no longer available
    Autodesk ArtCAM® software has been discontinued.

Thank you
    Gary

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Has Artcam been discontinued?

ArtCam was discontinued in Mar-2018.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, since DelCAM was bought by Autodesk, they've been paring down the product range and folding it into their own software.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't believe I haven't seen something about that on this forum pop up. I admit that I haven't been following Artcam's sub forum but I do check out [ today's posts ] I absolutely hate subscription based licenses but I was willing to try Artcam to see what all the talk was about. I'm not sure I want to deal with the long learning curve of Fusion 360 plus I have read it doesn't deal with high resolution / heavy weight 3d files so I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade to Aspire it seems to be the best option

Thanks
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't believe I haven't seen something about that on this forum pop up
    There were a few threads about it earlier in the year.

I want to deal with the long learning curve of Fusion 360 plus I have read it doesn't deal with high resolution / heavy weight 3d files so I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade to Aspire it seems to be the best option
    Aspire and Fusion are two very different programs, when it comes to 3D modeling.
    It would be very difficult to model in Fusion what you can easily model in Aspire.
    And it's nearly impossible to model things in Aspire that you can easily model in Fusion.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Wiant View Post
    I can't believe I haven't seen something about that on this forum pop up. I admit that I haven't been following Artcam's sub forum but I do check out [ today's posts ] I absolutely hate subscription based licenses but I was willing to try Artcam to see what all the talk was about. I'm not sure I want to deal with the long learning curve of Fusion 360 plus I have read it doesn't deal with high resolution / heavy weight 3d files so I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade to Aspire it seems to be the best option

Thanks
    Gary
    Take a look at Carveco. Carveco bought ArtCAM from Autodesk and just released the software for sale a week ago. As I understand it, Carveco is basically ArtCAM Premium.

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner

Downloads
    Uploads

Davis thank you. I purchased Aspire last fall. Unless they have a competitors trade in like sign software mfg do, I'm probably going to stick with Aspire.

Downloads
    Uploads

Take a look at Carveco. Carveco bought ArtCAM from Autodesk and just released the software for sale a week ago. As I understand it, Carveco is basically ArtCAM Premium.
    They’re offering a perpetual licence of Carveco Software with 12-Months Maintenance included, for only $1600 / €1400 / £1200. Its about Aspire price's.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought Aspire last autumn. Unless they have a competitive trade in, like sign software manufacturers, I'll probably remain with Aspire. https://en.industryarena.com/forum/snow rider 3d