GRBL and Gecko G540

Thread: GRBL and Gecko G540

Downloads
    Uploads

Default GRBL and Gecko G540

Hi team

Hoping the team might be able to give me some guidance on my new setup.... Finally after about 8 years of running Mach 3 my computer has gone bang and is no more!
    I knew this day would come so I've been looking at a replacement option, didn't want to do it earlier as I've just become so familiar with Mach 3.

Anyway found Ultimate CNC for GRBL that looks like something I could try. My old system used the Gecko G540 driver and a USB RS452 (??) converter to run the VSD, all ran very nice.

I've just connected the G540 to my Arduino board and axis travel is as it should be, the question now is spindle control. The G540 has 0-10v output for driving a VSD, the Arduino has 0-5v output so can I connect the Arduino to the G540 to get full spindle control? Or do I need a stand alone PWM board to lift the 5v to 10v?

Would really appreciate any guidance you can give on this one.

Cheers Dave