Need Help! X,Y,and Z motors will not work

Thread: X,Y,and Z motors will not work

Downloads
    Uploads

Default X,Y,and Z motors will not work

Hello all. I am totally new to this CNC world. I bought a cheap Chinese CNC I think it is a woodpecker 3018 . After I assembled and got things sliding as smoothly as I could I tried to fire it up with my laptop and controller board etc
    all I heard was the motors trying to work but all I heard was noise on all three motors. I disconnected the screw leads bars from X and Y motors and tried again with the same results. Do I have a problem with the motors or is my problem with the controller board . any help would be appreciated

Ron

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X,Y,and Z motors will not work

The woodpecker board uses Grbl firmware that controls the motors. The program on your PC is just an interface for Grbl. Do you know what the Grbl settings are and can you post them here?

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok my settings for the GRBL cntl are as follows Com5 and 115200 . I have set the com in device manager to com5 so now what I get when I fire this up
    1- with the screw leads disconnected on both X and Y motors when I try and run them I get the whining noise but nothing turns I even tried to set the preset to 10 same results
    2- when I start the spindle at say 900 it seems to work just fine the spindle up and down work the same as X and Y lots of noise but no movement I also moved the screw lead coupling out about 1/8 inch out from motor
    same results . Now the fact that things seem like they should work tells me that the board appears to be working and maybe it's maybe a setting that's incorrect

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by clake4341 View Post
    Ok my settings for the GRBL cntl are as follows Com5 and 115200 . I have set the com in device manager to com5 so now what I get when I fire this up
    1- with the screw leads disconnected on both X and Y motors when I try and run them I get the whining noise but nothing turns I even tried to set the preset to 10 same results
    2- when I start the spindle at say 900 it seems to work just fine the spindle up and down work the same as X and Y lots of noise but no movement I also moved the screw lead coupling out about 1/8 inch out from motor
    same results . Now the fact that things seem like they should work tells me that the board appears to be working and maybe it's maybe a setting that's incorrect
    Those are not your Grbl settings The settings I'm talking about are the $$ settings

Downloads
    Uploads

I not sure this is what you are looking for but I copied this from GRBL setting

Attached Files Attached Files